Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    sorry that "gays" was a typo.
    Last edited by castlezelda; 06-08-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I might buy GST tomarrow and wait off for VT09 for another day. I'll buy tiger woods GPA '09 cus I want to bundled with motionplus and really never tried a golf game besides that wiisports golf.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm tempted to get the Tiger Woods one too (and would also get the bundle)... I need a total of four WMP's -- two for home, two for the RV, so that'd be a way to do it.

FWIW, it appears my first Rawdump failed. Or the burn failed, I dunno which. I'm gonna re-dump it tonight so the computer is totally unoccupied and less-likely to glitch. That failing, my USB Gecko will be here on Wednesday, so I can try it with that.

Rob

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    First review of Grand Slam Tennis. Prepare yourself.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea...-tennis-review
    From what I saw in that review it seemed like their problem was that the game was just too difficult for them. So either the controls are very hard or they simply have a lack of skill. By IGN's review it seems like it is probably the latter as they didn't seem to have as much trouble.

Now I'm really interested to see how Virtua Tennis is rated.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Me too! I keep checking the IGN site (even the PS3 side since VT will be out for it too), but so far nothing. Hopefully in another day or two.

Meanwhile... 3:30 pm today, I'm outta here and over to GameStop to pick up GST and WMP.

Rob

PS: Re-dumped VT, burned it at 2x, and that worked.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm guessing that the PS3 version will get the same rating as the Wii one regardless of controls on IGN, much like they rated PES2008 the same despite the Wii version being better. Whether that is because they are lazy and copy n paste reviews or because the Wii just has a higher rating standard i'm not sure.

Not that it matters, all that does is how VT and GST compare to each other. They both have reviews on metacritic but none of the same sources, so we can't really use that for comparisson.

Hopefully IGN's VT review will be up tomorrow but I'll check on the first impressions here.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    From what I saw in that review it seemed like their problem was that the game was just too difficult for them. So either the controls are very hard or they simply have a lack of skill. By IGN's review it seems like it is probably the latter as they didn't seem to have as much trouble.
    Heck if that's due to real life accuracy then I'm all in!! I've been waiting a lifetime for this!!!
    Last edited by Caliko; 06-09-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    I watched IGN's latest video (from yesterday) on GST. I don't care for the character's movements. They're not very smooth... they're very WiiSports Tennis-like. The ball appears to be about four times the size of a regular ball, and as the Eurogamer review noted, the court appears narrower than a real court.

I suspect none of this will affect playability, but I figured I'd mention it. VT09 is very smooth and everything appears to be to scale (from what I can remember -- I'm in the office today and not at home, so I can't fire it up to see).

The upside is that I'm only ten minutes from GameStop when I cut out of here in a couple hours, compared to 20 minutes from home.

Oh... one very annoying "feature" of VT09 I've been meaning to post about since last night, is that my player keeps running around the backhand, and it throws me totally off because when he does, and I do a backhand swing, he doesn't swing. Grrr. Maybe it's another thing WMP will fix.

My backhand (in real tennis) works just fine; I don't run around it.

Rob

Member #
    Friends
    I got this game and wii motion plus today and its really great. best tennis game I have played and its pretty accurate. there is a learning curve especially if u played a lot of wii tennis because the conrols are much more precise. after some practice though the game plays really smooth and feels very natural
    join nintendoforums to experience everything nintendo in a whole new way. http://www.nintendoforums.net/commun...?referrerid=19
    virtua tennis wii : 0474-5216-1988

Click here to level up my card!

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, I'm home with GST and WMP. First thing I did was plug in the WMP and fire up VT09 to see the difference. WOW! Nice improvement. It's way more accurate now. It still does weird/stupid stuff every now and then, but I like it a lot more.

After winning a couple of practice matches, and another tournament, I saved my game and then fired up GST.

I'll admit I've only had it in for about 15-20 min, but so far, I MUCH prefer VT09. It's way more precise. With VT09 I feel like I'm playing tennis. With GST I feel like I'm playing a video game of tennis.

The characters in GST jutter around too much. You never know which way they're going to go for a shot, becasue they won't even instinctively go for the side where the ball is. They just jump around, and you miss half the shots because of it.

I'm going to keep at it for a while, and hopefully I can post better results later tonight.

Rob

Ads