LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    in sales only cause its the cheepest. overall though its the worst.

has the worst graphics of the 3
    the worst online of the 3
    not as many great games compared to the other 2
    cheaper than the other 2

+1 -3 the Wii is the worst of the 3 next-gen systems

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    in sales only cause its the cheepest.
    Wrong. Highest in sales because its aimed at families and interactive. Do you have any idea how many adults have said, "yeah, we bought the kids a wii because at least it gets them up and doing something....and we play it too cause its fun for the whole family."

That's why its #1 in sales by a HUGE margin. People buying this with family use in mind are gonna buy 4 of every accessory, its not cheaper.
    I agree with you on the rest of the stuff mostly. If Nintendo ups the ante with a system that has HD graphics and improve online game play, it will take over the world. I think we'll see more games that require intense graphic capability. Game makers will be more willing to make the Nintendo version when the system can handle what they want to do.

Let's not forget, Wii has sold as many as the other 2 combined...from a business standpoint that's huge.
    Last edited by vchizzle; 06-10-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Wrong. Highest in sales because its aimed at families and interactive. Do you have any idea how many adults have said, "yeah, we bought the kids a wii because at least it gets them up and doing something....and we play it too cause its fun for the whole family."

That's why its #1 in sales by a HUGE margin. People buying this with family use in mind are gonna buy 4 of every accessory, its not cheaper.
    I agree with you on the rest of the stuff mostly. If Nintendo ups the ante with a system that has HD graphics and improve online game play, it will take over the world. I think we'll see more games that require intense graphic capability. Game makers will be more willing to make the Nintendo version when the system can handle what they want to do.

Let's not forget, Wii has sold as many as the other 2 combined...from a business standpoint that's huge.
    Good points.

The way i see it Nintendo has gone out on a limb here with the Wii. They were relying on imagination and inovation for there games. With the other 2 its more of the same old crap. More graphics, more graphics, MORE GRAPHICS!

I like graphics as much as the next guy but they seem to use them as a crutch sometimes.

From my point of view thats the only thing the other 2 have over the Wii is graphics. The online is one too but 360 does charge for it and its not that big of a deal, at least for me.

Member #
    Friends
    in sales only cause its the cheepest. overall though its the worst.

has the worst graphics of the 3
    the worst online of the 3
    not as many great games compared to the other 2
    cheaper than the other 2

I think that is silly to say that a console is winning based on being the cheepest [sic]. I think that stuff is really a short handed analysis that doesn't have much depth.

Also take note that the Xbox360 Arcade SKU is $199.99 while the Wii is still $249.99.

-As it stands, the Wii represents half the home console market.

-The Wii is a system that compliments owning a PS3 and an Xbox360. Not many people are going to own a PS3 and an Xbox360.

-The PS3 and Xbox360 share many similar games while the Wii has many games that are not only unique on the Wii but exclusive to the Wii.

-The Wii has the best Backwards compatibility to date being able to play Gamecube games and virtual console games. The PS3 had remove it from newer SKUs. Both the Xbox360 and PS3 require software emulation and emulation is limited.

-The Xbox360 has the red ring of dead. The PS3, while not as frequent, has heating issues as well. It isn't a big deal on the Wii due to low power consumption.

In addition, think about the following.

-Wasn't the Genesis cheaper than the Super Nintendo?

-Wasn't the Gamecube cheaper than the PS2 and Xbox?

-Didn't the Saturn and the Dreamcast have online before the PS2 and Xbox?

-Wasn't the N64 and Saturn more powerful than the PS1?

-Wasn't the Sega Master System?

-Was the Atari2600 the least powerful system of all 12 of its competitors?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post

-Wasn't the Sega Master System?
    Huh?

Member #
    Friends
    Every one likes a certain system, for the games available for it or just to follow a fad. I got my wii for zelda games, and try out some fps. My friends have 360s, laugh at me, and I just tell them: "Hey, you know that wii motion plus? Its better than natal. Did you also hear nintendo is working on a graphic package for the wii so it will be able to carry your 360 graphics?" and they shutup. It is all a matter of opinion. Even though the wii sells the most, the games still lack the hardcore quality. There are some, but not enough. But, with a new zelda, the conduit, and all these games coming out in 2010, I wont be surprised if nintendo will be higher in the rankings. Anyway, back to the opinion topic, many 360 fanboys just have it for halo and apparently all of these great games. Then, they get obsessed with it, more than nintendo fans ever do, and start to rant and rant on the internet. I dont know about a country other than my horrible america, but I see alot of this in my country. Even though this post jumps around to random topics, I hope you get my point that all this negativity is based off of opinion and unreliable "facts".

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    But the next gen consoles aren't here yet.

You also forgot it's the only console with casual games and motion control.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Ads