LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    When I saw Natal I was really impressed, though its obvious that it is Microsoft's effort to get into the movement control Wii has already got into. Sony's ball on a stick (lol) is even more noticeable.

It is really hard to compare them, specially with Natal, because we're talking about different things as Natal's controller is, well, no controller. The matters I see in Natal is as simple as having no buttons. The type of games that can be played withouth buttons will be restricted. How do you play a platformer without a controller? Man if you jump and run all the time you'll end in very good shape And a shooter? will it be able to recognize your finger pulling the trigger? very hard. That's why I think getting rid of controllers is not quite a good idea, though I still think it's brilliant cus it will open new game options and looks very fun!

Comparing the Wii remote with ball on a stick, I can see that ball on a stick is way more accurate than the Wii remote, though I think this will be fixed with Wii motion plus, so there's no problem; and, as I said, it is quite noticeable that ball on a stick is based on the Wii controller.

What I like of the Wii remote, as raisinghelen said, is that it's not just motion, it has buttons and an analog stick. I like the Wii remote a lot and I think it might be the best and easier to use controller made up to date. It also can be used in creative ways, and even like a NES controller, so it is not limited to just one thing. So thumbs up for the Wii remote!!

Member #
    Friends
    Ball on a Stick = favorite so far. might just buy a ps3 for that xD

Project Natal is pretty cool too.

WMP is ehhhhh for me. not really much a big deal. just makes it more accurate. wooooooo.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    and, as I said, it is quite noticeable that ball on a stick is based on the Wii controller.
    Well yes and no... When designing a controller that can be held in one hand, there are not a lot of shapes to choose from (especially if you want to be able to point with it).

The Fairchild Channel F had this back in 1976:

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx EL94 xX View Post
    Ball on a Stick = favorite so far. might just buy a ps3 for that xD

Project Natal is pretty cool too.

WMP is ehhhhh for me. not really much a big deal. just makes it more accurate. wooooooo.
    Isn't more accuracy the whole point?

If accuracy isn't important to you then what attracts you to the Ball on a Stick? You just like balls or something?
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I think there's too many threads of this.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Isn't more accuracy the whole point?

If accuracy isn't important to you then what attracts you to the Ball on a Stick? You just like balls or something?
    what i mean is, WMP really isnt introducing anything new. NATAL and the Ball on a Stick bring something new to both systems. Nintendos just "improving" an old product.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx EL94 xX View Post
    what i mean is, WMP really isnt introducing anything new. NATAL and the Ball on a Stick bring something new to both systems. Nintendos just "improving" an old product.
    Shouldn't that be a good thing? That improvement puts Nintendo ahead of the competition by making a well established controller work even better for future games.

Member #
    Friends
    well, it isnt really anything new, like NATAL or the ball on a stick. a new peripheral for the wii would've been better IMO, instead of just an attachment.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, they did make that Vitality thing. LOL

Member #
    Friends
    hahaha ^^^

Remove Ads

Ads