LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Interesting... I wouldn't think Nintendo would develop such an odd, but unique gaming "device". I mean, they're the masters of originality, but this seems a bit... off. I wonder what kind of uses it would have... ?
    The main use for something like that would be in exercise games where you would check your pulse rate. This isn't something that's going to be used for any significant regular games.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    WiiLie.

As in We Lie.

As in...surely that is a late April's Fool joke?

I'd like to see some decent applications taking advantage of this, something like a modern Eternal Darkness would be awesome. But I dont think average people would be scared enough for the game to raise their pulse THAT significantly.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The main use for something like that would be in exercise games where you would check your pulse rate. This isn't something that's going to be used for any significant regular games.
    Fitness is definitely the main use so it'll should sell pretty well to the Wii Fit crowd.

The lie detector thing could be interesting too.

My first thought for it being used in more regular type games was for horror titles. If it is acurate enough then something like Ju-On The Grudge could use it to keep the scare factor up.

Pretty much going to be a day one purchase for me just for the health applications though.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^What health applications? There is absolutely no practical need to track your heart rate during fitness activities. If anything, it will distract you from focusing on your work.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    ^What health applications? There is absolutely no practical need to track your heart rate during fitness activities. If anything, it will distract you from focusing on your work.
    I'm thinking it would be something you would check only at certan points during a workout, not constantly throughout. But even Nintendo didn't show any programs for it, so I'm basically just theorizing at this point.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    My prediction came true!
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ml#post1027655
    Not that it's a good thing, in fact, it's the exact opposite of a good thing.

Member #
    Friends
    there is this tetris mod that if you have a pulse checker the faster your pulse the faster the bricks go down. It really cool.
    http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15...re-v2-orig.jpg

Too big for picture, best fake kirby art i've seen

Ads