LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

New Wii Zelda May Require MotionPlus To Function

Nintendo game design legend Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that the new Wii Zelda - which was announced at this year's E3 - is being built with the intention of exploiting the newly-released Wii MotionPlus accessory.

For those of you that don't know, MotionPlus bolts onto the base of the Wii Remote and offers a more accurate detection of movement.

Speaking to Wired, Miyamoto said:

The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda. he bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don't have it, it's whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii MotionPlus in order to experience it.

He also added that the game is due out next year, but warned that it might take a little longer to complete.
    heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/200...us_to_function

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Sounds awesome. I'll definitely pick up Wii motion plus with Red Steel 2. I like the idea but Wii Sports isn't really my thing. :/
    Wii Collection: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Call of Duty: World at War, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    Finaly, my wiimote will now become a virtual sword...and it will actually kill stuff! Now all we need is a star wars game with wmp

Member #
    Friends
    I don't get why they're so reluctant to make a star wars game with light saber battling. I'd be completely satisfied with a simple port of the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game.

But for this next Zelda game, I hope it's a big departure from Twilight Princess. Not because I disliked TP, but because I just like the Zelda games that are different, like Majora's Mask for example.

PM for Wii Register :) laserbeak4's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3005-8327-7498-3414
    i played through twilight princess faithfuly but i must admit, most of the wolf quests were tedious and i would've rather been swinging my sword.

Not at the table Carlos Barris1024's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4912-6833-6406-0210
    that will be cool. but as i havent played with wii motion plus yet, i have to wonder if it really makes that big of a difference...
    Yeah bro, not funny.

Ads