LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    It's interesting that they don't say what the actual sales numbers are for it.
    It would be nice to know the actual figures. The general rumor seems to be that it sold around 150k, which is pretty good for a Wii game.

By Christmas it could be at a million, depending on how Red Steel 2 turns out.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    It's a shame that some editors using the NPD sales figures of The Conduit to piss the Wii, without know how are the sales on the Wii market. Recently an editor of Joystiq website claims the poor sales and try to contact Sega and High Voltage to know how they feel. Off course he's a Wii hater and try to convince Sega&HV to deliver their games from Wii to xbox360/ps3, based on the sales. Again the sales on Wii are different from the xbox360/ps3 sales, the sales take time and are slow, but these people expect immediate susess of 1 million or more in the first week, when a Wii game takes a year or more to reach this mark. Plus The Conduit don't have a complete month like the other games. Under this view is nonsense claim poor sales, register a complete month and we talk about. I'm completely sure like Mad World and HODverkill, The Conduit will reach and surpass the million sales in a year, the only important in this market is that every game must have LEQS to reach sucess in the long way.

Here's the link:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/17/th...te-june-debut/

What you think?
    Last edited by stickmode; 07-17-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I really liked the conduit, even though it took less than a week to beat. If a sequel were to come out I would be one of the first to buy it.
    Click here for low price Console repair parts and accessores

Low price Wii Motion plus!

Member #
    Friends
    I think the conduit is over rated. I thought multiplayer was a little glitchy and campaign was too short to enjoy. It was a good story but a little too short. I traded it in after only owning it for about a week. Call of Duty: WaW blows it out of the water whether you want online play or a good campaign.

The only reason why it is selling well is because of the awards it got at E3 and the publicity. Gamestop has had advertisements and there are even commercials. I think it was all a little over the top for an average game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr34t3st View Post
    I think the conduit is over rated. I thought multiplayer was a little glitchy and campaign was too short to enjoy. It was a good story but a little too short. I traded it in after only owning it for about a week. Call of Duty: WaW blows it out of the water whether you want online play or a good campaign.

The only reason why it is selling well is because of the awards it got at E3 and the publicity. Gamestop has had advertisements and there are even commercials. I think it was all a little over the top for an average game.

I agree that it is not nearly as good as WaW, but I still think its better than just an "average game".
    Click here for low price Console repair parts and accessores

Low price Wii Motion plus!

PM for Wii Register :) laserbeak4's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3005-8327-7498-3414
    Rumor has it, Sega is NOT satisfied with sales. it was probably doing good before we found out we were getting hosed, yet again.

Member #
    Friends
    For me The Conduit is not overrated (maybe just a little before its launch with all the hype and publicity). Now, after it came out, I think that it is underrated. Yeah, the story is short, but it's worth it. I think that it is what hardcore Wii gamers needed, and it deserves more than the bath ratings it has gotten.

Ads