Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by batman-kid View Post
    example...wii music. it got a 4 outta 10.

horrible game play yet little kids still support nintendos wii's worse game
    You've played it?

I have and I quite like it. Sure it isn't spanky rock tracks and it doesn't keep score or give achievements but it's involving and rewards you if you persevere. Many of the games I love get low scores from one reviewer or another who just don't 'get' them .. .. .. Wii Music also got 91%, 89%, 88%, 83%, 80%, 70%, 58%, and 25% (not all of the list, just a sample). Which one is the most accurate? They all are as they are the personal opinion of the reviewer.

So that's one Nintendo 'kiddy' game .. .. .. .. .. any more you can name?

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff View Post
    I have and I quite like it. Sure it isn't spanky rock tracks and it doesn't keep score or give achievements but it's involving and rewards you if you persevere. Many of the games I love get low scores from one reviewer or another who just don't 'get' them .. .. .. Wii Music also got 91%, 89%, 88%, 83%, 80%, 70%, 58%, and 25% (not all of the list, just a sample). Which one is the most accurate? They all are as they are the personal opinion of the reviewer.
    And so we see that all this hardcore nonsense is just a idot's way of ignoring what might be a good game
    So that's one Nintendo 'kiddy' game .. .. .. .. .. any more you can name?
    MARIO GALAXY!!!!
    ZELDA WIND WAKER!!!!
    MARIO KART!!!!
    ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!
    Cartoony graphics + Cute characters = Kiddy right?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    MARIO GALAXY!!!!
    ZELDA WIND WAKER!!!!
    MARIO KART!!!!
    ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!
    Cartoony graphics + Cute characters = Kiddy right?
    OOOOH you're fiesty today aren't you?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff View Post
    OOOOH you're fiesty today aren't you?
    I'm getting enough caffeine and sugar in my system so that I can get all the jokes from this weeks Zan Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei in one sitting with out using pause and rewind.

That and I've just listened to a excellent amount of PROGrock.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    When in doubt, consult to this chart for responses to threads.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by darkprinny View Post
    more of this hardcore nonsense.

How about.

Nintendo stop making shite games!

Or
    the op stop worrying if as game is hardcore and start worrying if a game is good.

Wow smash brothers and mario kart wuz out in t 80's!!!!!

*remembers seeing a adult buy the game*
    so somebody who's age is probably higher than your iq is a kid?

Sage for viral advertising
    i never said mario kart and ssb was out in the 80's. I said 80's and up. Mario and zelda were those who started in the 80's and the others were up n out in later years. You kno wut i meant so y be against that. Can any body in wii chat make a post w/out making a smart a$$ comment

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalDestiny View Post
    When in doubt, consult to this chart for responses to threads.

OOOOOMG DUDE!!

THIS IS SO Fxkin FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

xD

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by batman-kid View Post
    YES WII MUSIC IN [[FACT]] DID GET A 4 OUTTA 10, NOT BY YUR "NOBODY" INFORMANT BUHH BY (THE NUMBER ONE) [DATS A FACT BTW] NUMBER ONE GAME REVIEWER IN THE COOUNTRY.......GAMEINFORMER.

BAM! THEY SPEAK TRUTH, UN BIASED REVIEWS.

but yu did make a point about those games [their sales] its just parents wud NOT buy games lyk "madworld" rated m for there kids. come on....i agree w/yu on some points bcuz im un-biased...so be un-biased bak...yu kno i aswell have good points.
    I assume you got your subscription of Game Informer when you bought your Edge Card at Gamestop? If your a reader of their magazine, clearly you must of picked up on their sauve and sophisticated method of writing and typing from them. It is so clear how informative you are. With your expertise in reading numbers without mixing the number 4 with the number 3. Of course, when you said "BAM![sic] THEY[sic] SPEAK[sic] TRUTH[sic], UN BIASED[sic] REVIEWS[sic]." [super sic] , I realized the errors of my ways. With an elaborate detailing of their greatness with concrete information that would suggest all other video game publications and websites are counter informative people trying to lie out of their teeth for a quick buck. The icing on the cake was when you said "BY[sic] (THE[sic] NUMBER[sic] ONE[sic]) [DATS[sic] A[sic] FACT[sic] BTW[sic]] NUMBER[sic] ONE[sic] GAME[sic] REVIEWER[sic] IN[sic] THE[sic] COOUNTRY[sic].......[sic, I guess your comma key is broken] GAMEINFORMER[sic, broken spacebar as well]." Clearly their number one because of their well written reviews, not because people wanted to buy an edge card to save 10% on all used video games at Gamestop, which was included packaged with every subscription of Game Informer. I remember that day when I went into Gamestop. They said to me "Would you like an edge card? you save 10% on all used games and trade ins are increased by 10%. It also comes with a free subscription of Game Informer." I didn't switch to Geico to save 15% or more on my auto insurance, I did it for the free plush Gecko.

I also forgot that children don't play M rated games. I was never able to games like Doom, Quake and Duke Nukem when I was kid. When my parents gave me Ultimate Doom for Christmas, they were in shock. They thought it was an edutainment game. They thought wrong. Its not like Halo got a reputation of 10 year children yelling into microphones over Xbox Live.

And I guess you are right about M rated games not being sold on the Wii. It just can't be done, with only 1.3 million copies of Call of Duty sold, we can be rest assured that Mature games can't prosper on the Wii.

As for the issue of being biased, I want to have clear definition of what it means to be biased.

Main Entry: bias
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): bi·ased or bi·assed; bi·as·ing or bi·as·sing
    Date: circa 1628

1 : to give a settled and often prejudiced outlook to <his background biases him against foreigners>

With that being said, you believing that Game Informer is the best review publication, makes you an unbiased and well informed person of the game industry. When I stated 1up gave an A- to Wii music, you were appalled by such a statement, especially from a "'NOBODY'[sic] INFORMANT[sic]" such as 1up. Then you try smoothly use witty rhetoric such as "i agree w/yu[sic] on some points bcuz[sic] im[sic] un-biased[sic]...[sic]so be un-biased[sic] bak[sic]...[sic]yu[sic] kno[sic] i[sic] aswell[sic] have good points."[sic] You decided to agree with me because your unbiased, not because I actually made good points. And for agreeing with me, there is without a doubt that I should be obligated to agree you not because you made well informed points but because you were unbiased (at least according to you). So I decided I will agree with one of your comments; I did make a good point of the poor sales of hardcore games on the Wii. It was the best comment you made in that entire post.

Everyone, show some respect. This guy must have a Ph.D from Harvard in video games. Bestow yourselves upon his all encompassing knowledge of video games, all thanks to great publications such as Game Informer. Also, did anyone forget their Edge card?

Member #
    Friends
    As has been said already, most of the casual games that Nintendo themselves make are pretty good. It has been the 3rd party casual efforts that have mostly been a let down.

The only casual Nintendo game that I've seen mentioned here as being dissapointing is Wii Music, so there is really no case to answer. While Wii Music might not be a game that I would want to buy I can see the market for it and don't begrudge people who may enjoy it from owning such a game.

I believe that Nintendo has released as many (if not more) core franchises on the Wii in its first 3 years than they did on the NGC or N64. Maybe people nowadays mistake M rated games as being hardcore and then think that Nintendo has ignored the hardcore because they don't have any M rated games. Nintendo has never had M rated games though so they really haven't forsaken anyone, they have just expanded their audience.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I will respectfully disagree with Batman-kid's original statement, but in the end it's his opinion, and his choice on how to convey that opinion (with any and all implications of the writing style).

Although I will add this: The greater variety of games Nintendo works on at the same time, the greater the profit they will enjoy, as there will always be a market for it. I'm hoping we will be seeing a Starfox, F-Zero and other lesser known Nintendo franchises (and hopefully new ones too) in the near-ish future.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads