Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

iPhone more powerful than Wii?

Monkey Island hasn't even been out a week yet, and already a storm's brewing over the game's choppy framerate. When a fan complained on the Telltale Games forums about the Wii versions' framerate, a Telltale programmer went on record to say:

..The Wii is just not a powerful console. An iPhone is much more powerful than a Wii, even.

Later on this programmer was accused of using "strong words" to which he replied:

I stand by them. The Wii and DS are extremely underpowered and their popularity doesn't remove the hardware limitations.

In addition, he commented that he couldn't think of a Wii console game that was free from lag, and blamed the lack of RAM compared to an iPhone to be the biggest issue.

When you've got great games on WiiWare like My Life as a King / Dark Lord, LostWinds, and Onslaught that seem to run without issues, does he make a good point? Or is he blaming something other than just a poor port of a PC game? In any case, it sounds like a war's brewing
    heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/200...erful_than_wii

Member #
    Friends
    It is what it is man, I have fun with the Wii, that's all the matters to me.
    Wii Games Owned:
    MOH:H2; Metroid Prime 3; Madworld; Deadly Creatures; Madden 09; The Conduit; Ghostbusters; Star Wars: TFU; Star Trek Conquest; No More Heroes; Res Evil 4 Wii Edition; Wii Play; Wii Sports; DBZ: BT3; Manhunt 2; COD: WAW

Wii not a gamers console?^

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    It is what it is man, I have fun with the Wii, that's all the matters to me.
    yes i know it is what it is, the wii is the only console i got right now, except for ps2 & snes with i wanna sell cus why bought keeping him around might sell to pawn shop.

and what makes me sick is 360 fans or ps3 fans for any reason or other they bash the wii like "360 is better or the best" or "the ps3 is better" no its whatever the customer wants in a console, like my friend and i were playing The Conduit few weeks ago and he was playing deathmatches online and a enemy was jumping around like a bunny and avoiding his bullets, so my friend talked smack something bout 360 and halo 3 is better or w'e anyway i thought it was wrong of him to say that but who am i to say.
    Last edited by castlezelda; 07-30-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Current Games : SSBB COD5 phalxor's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8498-9952-4976-3756
    how is the DS underpowered??? what is it being compared to? an iphone? which is way newer technology? the only thing the wii f'd up on is not having more than 128mb memory, isn't it like 82 or some horse s***
    CODE'Z
    Wii-> 8498-9952-4976-3756
    SSBB-> 4596-9172-8848
    COD5-> 4210-9356-0475
    Nitrobike -> 4940-6432-6508

West Coast Unite!
    COD5 _ SSBB

Member #
    Friends
    Sounds very much like a developer that knows he did a piss-poor job of porting the game and is trying to blame the hardware...

Plenty of other games run extremely smoothly (the island flyover and the jetski on Wii Sports Resort are amazingly smooth and fluid with great physics and graphics).

Sounds like the developer needs to learn how to code...

Member #
    Friends
    I think its absolute trash talk,its a very simple game in terms of graphics that could be done on any system even going back a generation or 2!

I would love to see the IPOD trying to pump out Galaxy or Conduit into a Television screen instead of a thumbnail.

And yes we all know the Wii isnt a powerhouse of biblical proportions but come on thats just taking the mickey.

stupid comment to make,Telltale Games need a kick up the backside.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    Sounds very much like a developer that knows he did a piss-poor job of porting the game and is trying to blame the hardware...

Plenty of other games run extremely smoothly (the island flyover and the jetski on Wii Sports Resort are amazingly smooth and fluid with great physics and graphics).

Sounds like the developer needs to learn how to code...
    ^ This. We have a winner.

Obviously Telltale's comment is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    It's funny to me cause my Dreamcast is no where near the power of the Wii even, much less the PS360, and yet somehow (a miricale probably), I still have fun playing it.

As a matter of fact I threw in Rogue Squadron ('Cube Game) for a buddy of mine the other day (46" Sharp Aquis LCD) and he thought I had thrown in the actual movie when the fighters are all on screen heading to destroy the Deathstar during a cutscene in the beginning. And that's is only using half the systems power. One of the two Gamecube's they "duct taped" together, to make the Wii, according to the haters.

Now I will be buying a PS3 at some point, after the price drop that WILL happen this holiday season (The plus side of a crap economy), and when DC Universe is out (providing the game is good). But I have PLENTY to keep me busy on the Wii 'till then.
    Wii Games Owned:
    MOH:H2; Metroid Prime 3; Madworld; Deadly Creatures; Madden 09; The Conduit; Ghostbusters; Star Wars: TFU; Star Trek Conquest; No More Heroes; Res Evil 4 Wii Edition; Wii Play; Wii Sports; DBZ: BT3; Manhunt 2; COD: WAW

Wii not a gamers console?^

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    So lets compare 2 items that are not even comparable:

iPhone 3GS: Latest technology(2009), $400, mobile/micro
    Wii: Outdated Technology(2006), $250, console

hmm...
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    This is just stupied. Just because some coders can't code for the Wii and produce a sorry ass port then claims the Wii is weaker is just dumb. Lets compare one simple game Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and Ipod. The last time I check that game was a runny a pretty ass downgrade version of the game plus it's running at a much lower resolution. Did I forget that the game is really pushing the IPOD and oh wait it barely push the Wii. The guy has to hire some real coders/programers before he can make that claim. It's like saying the Gamecube is weaker then the N64 because Zelda MM on the Gamecube had a few glitchs. Sorry for the grammer, at work and need to type fast.

Ads