LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    I, for one, am actually glad that they are making us use the GC controllers. I really would not like having to play SSBB with the Wiimote. And it's not like they cost a whole lot.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    What's in that article was stated @ E3 months ago, so who knows what they could have done since then with the controls. DBZ:BT2 is a great example how Wii works with fighting games. Developers for DBZ:BT2 had less time to develop controls for the game than developers for SSBB. Since E3 they could have found a way to make it work with Wiimote & Nunchuck easily. If not, then it's not a big deal, but I would have really like to try it with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Rulez
    What's in that article was stated @ E3 months ago, so who knows what they could have done since then with the controls. DBZ:BT2 is a great example how Wii works with fighting games. Developers for DBZ:BT2 had less time to develop controls for the game than developers for SSBB. Since E3 they could have found a way to make it work with Wiimote & Nunchuck easily. If not, then it's not a big deal, but I would have really like to try it with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.
    Seriously. It just screams LAZYNESS to me. I mean, it could be okay with GC controls... but I don't have a GC controller. I will have to buy them for ONE GAME! I guess I might buy some old GC games now...

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.
    I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to at least try the Wiimote & Nunchuck with game like with the next F-Zero Nintendo recommends using the classic/GC controller because it's a very fast racing game, but the Wiimote will still be an option. I'm fine with using the GC controller.

"The Legend"

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Thats gay as hell!!!

Member #
    Friends
    6223-1629-4659-6835
    I have to agree that it is "gay" indeed. I agree that the other consoles can be seen as not completely "next gen", but nintendo cant just half-ass this ya know? i'm just sayin....if they bust out the wiimote and nunchuck, might as well go all the way no? I'm sure they can pull it off, cause the way i see it, SSB is already ****in awesome, and combined with the wiimote and nunchuck...well...lets just say it gets me a little wet just thinking about it :P

-SpideyKonfusion

EDIT: o yea, and like Wii_Rulez said, you're basing this all off an E3 article, that happened MONTHS ago, and SSBB doesnt come out for MONTHS as well....i still have some hope left ^_^"

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yes that's true - I have based this on an E3 article that happened months ago but since then, there has no statement about changing back to the Wiimote controllers. I also have based my info on smashboards.com under a particular thread dedicated to keeping up to date with SSBB, as well as translating Sakurai's blog into english for those non japanese speakers.

I'll post it here for anyone who's interested in keeping up with the latest in SSBB.
    SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1 - Smash World Forums | SmashBoards.com

By the way, I'm not Sakurai...

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I couldn't imagine trying to use motion sensoring in brawl anyways. I'd prefer it on a gamecube controller.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    4378-1687-7846-0698
    ok, hold on a second. how WOULD you play with motion controls? that would be insanely hard, and i think it would take away from the game. I prefer using the gamecube controller

Please add me and PM if you do

Ads