LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    In before the ""H@rDc0r3" cry about Wii Fit on the list...

err wait...

Okay now. Wii Fit does not beat Smash Bros. Brawl, The Conduit, No More Heroes, and Resident Evil 4. Anything cat beat Wii Fit. Why is Wii Fit even there? It shouldnt be even created.
    Maybe we should add Gears of War to the list to dry their tears??

But seriously IGN has it wrong. Scarface better than The Godfather?? And didn't everybody rate No More Heroes 2 higher than the original... hmmm.... makes me wonder when this list was made.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    In before the ""H@rDc0r3" cry about Wii Fit on the list...

err wait...

Okay now. Wii Fit does not beat Smash Bros. Brawl, The Conduit, No More Heroes, and Resident Evil 4. Anything cat beat Wii Fit. Why is Wii Fit even there? It shouldnt be even created.
    Maybe we should add Gears of War to the list to dry their tears??

But seriously IGN has it wrong. Scarface better than The Godfather?? And didn't everybody rate No More Heroes 2 higher than the original... hmmm.... makes me wonder when this list was made.
    I think this tupe of thing "" is a mistake Nintendo made. Wii Sports (Resort)'s are okay but Wii Fit isn't. The only reason why I bought the Wii is because I heard of some good games like SSB, Zelda, Mario, etc. I mean I'm more of a Japanese Gamer. I love japanese games. Wii Fit isn't really japanese. Just look at the graphics then look at Zelda or Naruto games graphics. I mean look. MOST Wii cartoon games that are good are $20-$30 but Wii Fit has okay graphics (Not good though) and it's $20 (Just the game). I also think it's funny how most people THINK and SAY the Wii is bestselling due to the motion and sport/weight loss games. Those are NOT games. Wii is good because it has the best Nintendo (Well not BEST BEST just BEST but with the WiiShop it has the BEST BEST games) and because of the great Japanese games. Also if you go on nintendo.co.jp you might see a M Rated Nintendo game (Well it's D and D in japan is M but I think Japan has a strict game rater). Although it might not come out in the U.S. (That's why I am buying the 'Black Japanese Wii'.

Member #
    Friends
    You got an excellent review there... (though I don't like the other games listed) But it's still interesting...
    Ben Crawford

Member #
    Friends
    5764-3657-1520-1551
    what about cod?

Sig By Dprinny
    Bow down, b!tch!

Member #
    Friends
    The IGN list is from last year, even before Silent Hill was released. COD MW Reflex didn't make it onto the list because IGN gave it a really bad review.

Top 25 now should be something like:

1) Metroid Prime Trilogy
    2) Super Mario Galaxy
    3) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    4) Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    5) Super Smash Bros Brawl
    6) New Super Mario Bros Wii
    7) Okami
    8) COD Modern Warfare Reflex
    9) Resident Evil 4
    10) Madworld
    11) No More Heroes 2
    12) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
    13) Little King's Story
    14) Muramasa the Demon Blade
    15) Red Steel 2
    16) Mario Kart Wii
    17) Super Paper Mario
    18) Silent Hill Shattered Memories
    19) Wii Sports Resort
    20) Trauma Center: New Blood
    21) Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
    22) Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
    23) Rune Factory Frontier
    24) Excitebots
    25) Punch-Out!!

This isn't in an exact order and it was pretty much the first 25 games that I thought of but you could put Dead Space Extraction, Warioland Shake It, De Blob, Boom Blox, No More Heroes, Wii Fit etc in instead depending on your preferences.

Of course it would be constantly changing this year with Monster Hunter Tri, Trauma Team, SMG2, Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid Other M and Zelda all on their way and sure to take spots in a top 25.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    This may be an ignorant question, but I didn't see what criteria they are basing the top 25 games on. Is it review scores? Or is it sales? Something else? If it's sales, I wonder what the best selling Wii game of all time is (and I DON'T think they should count bundled games, they should choose games we SELECTED for purchase instead of games we simply got because it was packaged with something else that we wanted).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPayne View Post
    This may be an ignorant question, but I didn't see what criteria they are basing the top 25 games on. Is it review scores? Or is it sales? Something else? If it's sales, I wonder what the best selling Wii game of all time is (and I DON'T think they should count bundled games, they should choose games we SELECTED for purchase instead of games we simply got because it was packaged with something else that we wanted).
    IGN mostly based it on their opinion, with some correlation to their review scores. It wasn't a straight list of review scores because they eliminated the yearly versions of franchises, so for example only one Guitar Hero game was listed even though some of the previous ones may have scored higher than other games on the list.

The best selling non bundled Wii game would be Mario Kart (unless you count the plastic wheel as a bundle). New Super Mario Bros has also built up a lot of sales and may eventually surpass it. Most of the other top selling Wii games are in some kind of bundle - like Wii Fit or Wii Sports Resort.

The list I posted is my opinion, but with a current library of 38 Wii games and having played the majority of Wii releases to date (with exception of the obvious shovelware) I know that it has most of the best Wii games listed. 25 is quite a hard number to fill because of some games being good quality but in really different genres, so I actually think that a top 50 list would be much easier to do.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Right on raisinghelen! I appreciate your detailed reply. Very cool of you!

Ads