LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Goldeneye007 and Perfect Dark anyone?

Doesn't anyone here at all want to see these extremely classic, best-selling titles come to the Wii?

I ask because I only own a Xbox360, and I hate to see the Wii get left out of the Perfect Dark title we'll be getting this winter. I would just like to see both the Wii and Xbox enjoy the two best FPSs of all time (that's right, of all time. Argue with me and I'll fight you. ).

I was thinking that if demand here for the Perfect Dark port got some attention and notice it might garner a response from some officials. In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

Thoughts?

PD XBLA screenshots for those interested.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4470-1422-8188-7606
    Honestly, I don't think I would buy them since I already have Goldeneye and a real N64, but I wouldn't dislike seeing them in the VC. Looking back at old systems with 3D games like the N64 makes me laugh because I used to think the graphics were so awesome, lol. But I still appreciate games as classics where appropriate.

Unfortunately, some of these great games have more parties involved than just Nintendo and they often make it difficult for these games to be remade. Also, not to be a downer or anything, but I doubt demand from some people on a smaller forum like this would get any attention at all from anyone official.
    Official Video Recorder and Editor for the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. Brawl on WiiChat? Join the League now!

SSBB FC: 2105-8307-2555
    MKWii FC: 1547-5875-3678

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    I never played either all though & got Perfect dark in my stocking 3 years ago, thats the one with an eye On the cover right?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    goldeneye is pretty much credited with creating the FPS genre and Perfect Dark was a great multiplayer game. i'd love if either of them came to VC but sadly the licensing issues are getting in the way.

Bringer of KAWAI DOOMSNE DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

Its them games again
    Threads where the same things get said
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    goldeneye is pretty much credited with creating the FPS genre and Perfect Dark was a great multiplayer game. i'd love if either of them came to VC but sadly the licensing issues are getting in the way.
    I think you will find that was Maze War
    Then Castle Wolfinstien 3D

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    The fact that Rare is now owned by Microsoft and that Goldeneye is based off a movie, is the reasons why these games won't see the light off day (Well at least Goldeneye wouldn't, due to all types of licensing issues).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    Doesn't anyone here at all want to see these extremely classic, best-selling titles come to the Wii?

I ask because I only own a Xbox360, and I hate to see the Wii get left out of the Perfect Dark title we'll be getting this winter. I would just like to see both the Wii and Xbox enjoy the two best FPSs of all time (that's right, of all time. Argue with me and I'll fight you. ).

I was thinking that if demand here for the Perfect Dark port got some attention and notice it might garner a response from some officials. In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

Thoughts?

Wow I absolutely loved Goldeneye back in the day, never did play Perfect Dark though. From what Wiiman10 said i guess we won't see goldeneye on Wii though

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-91- View Post

Thoughts?

Wow I absolutely loved Goldeneye back in the day, never did play Perfect Dark though. From what Wiiman10 said i guess we won't see goldeneye on Wii though
    Apparently there's some game by EA being developed called Goldeneye 2010.

Since it's from EA I already detect massive amounts of fail. Honestly it shocks me no one on this board is kind of vocal with wanting to get PD or GE on their Wii consoles. If PD sells well I'm sure the door can be opened for GE007 to be ported to the 360 and Wii once again.

Bringer of KAWAI DOOMSNE DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

Since it's from EA I already detect massive amounts of fail. Honestly it shocks me no one on this board is kind of vocal with wanting to get PD or GE on their Wii consoles. If PD sells well I'm sure the door can be opened for GE007 to be ported to the 360 and Wii once again.
    EA are good at taking a well known name and milking it till blood comes out

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post

EA are good at taking a well known name and milking it till blood comes out
    The blood of developers that is.

Ads