LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Intel in Talks with Nintendo

According to wii.nintendolife, Intel is talking with nintendo for the next console.

Must be cheap as general-purpose computing on graphics processing unit, chips...

Hope to build Larrabee into next-generation console

Intel are in discussions with Nintendo about the use of the Larrabee processor for the next-generation Nintendo console.

It is rumoured that a power efficient processor with modest specifications is desired, with power consumption and cost being main drivers for Nintendo. Consequently, it's likely that the microarchitecture of the Larrabee processor will be cut back to accommodate Nintendo’s vision -- a feat which Intel have yet to achieve, reports suggest.

The news comes from Impress Watch technology journalist Hiroshige Goto, who also writes that Intel do not envision that this technology will be used in the Wii HD (if it even exists) but in the true next-generation Nintendo machine.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I hope Nintendo takes the AMD Fusion instead the Intel Larrabe. Because this tech is far better and the Intel's graphic solution is weak compared to Ati, Nvidia and Imagination technologies.
    Also I think is better for Nintendo to choose the lastest Imagination tech that will be used for the next Laptops and handled devices, it's around the 6th series right now.
    And outperforms Nvidia and Ati in the gigatexcells camp 5 times to 1.

That is why Sony choose this technology for the Playstation 4.

Come on Nintendo, we want to be the first again!!
    Last edited by stickmode; 12-28-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    hmm? i wonder if the wii2 will be white? & will the graphics surpass any other current gen system "he doubts it" i say you never doubt what anyone is unsure of

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Man...nintendo was always on top. Now with the wii they are at the bottom.(PS3,Xbox,wii). Hope this new one makes it..nintendo ftw...

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    what are you talking about it goes like this 3rd Xbox 360 2nd.Wii 1st Ps3 ^& in sales Wii win both of them combined

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post
    Man...nintendo was always on top. Now with the wii they are at the bottom.(PS3,Xbox,wii). Hope this new one makes it..nintendo ftw...
    Nintendo haven't always been at the top in the graphics stakes, in fact they've most often been middle to bottom.

Master System>NES
    Gamegear>Gameboy
    Neo Geo>SNES
    PSP>DS

They were quite strong in the N64 and NGC eras but they were Nintendo's worst performing consoles in terms of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by prinplup View Post
    what are you talking about it goes like this 3rd Xbox 360 2nd.Wii 1st Ps3 ^& in sales Wii win both of them combined
    I presumed that they meant in terms of graphics power. Otherwise it would be just an opinion on which is their favorite.

Although the PS3 is the best on paper the multiplatform games tend to look better on the 360 with much sharper textures.

Graphics
    360>PS3>Wii

Sales
    Wii>360>PS3

I hope that the next Nintendo console is at least on terms with the competition. I don't have any problem with the Wii's graphics but it would help to get the big multiplatform games that the Wii often misses out on this gen.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Didn't Sony claim that the PS3's graphics were far more advanced than the 360? Are people just now realizing that the 360 has better graphics?? My understanding for years was that the PS3 had the best graphics and this isn't based on Sony's corporate bull.

Anyways really what is Larrabee capable of? What can we compare it to? I'm afraid that without answers we can hardly call this news at all.

P.S. Wow I haven't posted in like a year, we have some crazy new smileys going on. Wii fit, nunchuck and... Burger King!?!?!?!?
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Yikes! I will cry if x86 makes it's way onto consoles. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    Didn't Sony claim that the PS3's graphics were far more advanced than the 360? Are people just now realizing that the 360 has better graphics?? My understanding for years was that the PS3 had the best graphics and this isn't based on Sony's corporate bull.
    The 360 has a better GPU. You can probably get better graphics on a PS3 if you utilize the Cell well, but that rarely happens in multiplatform games, since it's inherently unportable...
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads