LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    WiiChat Member Kage848's Avatar
    Member #
    56143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    70
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungLad View Post
    I don't really care that much about how game sells, as long I like the game myself.
    You should if you want them to keep making games for your syetem...=0)

    @Maximo:

    Could not have said it better myself. There is a real hate for the Wii out there in the core gaming market. That goes for the gaming sites and some dev's as well.

  2. #32
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Which makes me think of something here...Why are these companies panicking about a Wii game selling millions in a month...its not the wii games thats costing them a fortune to develop...its the 360/ps3 games.

    So sounds to me they're getting pissed because they're half assed efforts on wii ,or lack there of are hurting their budgets for the 360/ps3 games.
    That is a great point that is easy to overlook and it is true. There have been quite a few low budget Wii games that have certainly helped finance the big blockbuster 360/PS3 titles, yet they never throw the profits back into any Wii games.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

  3. #33
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,075
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungLad View Post
    I don't really care that much about how game sells, as long I like the game myself.
    PRO COLLECTOR TIP-
    The games that don't sell well end up selling for more later on
    Good example of this is certain PSone games
    Metal gear solid you can now get for next to nothing
    Vib Ribbon on the other hand is quite expensive


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  4. #34
    Wii Fanatic Maximo's Avatar
    Member #
    11306
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mckeesport,PA
    Posts
    616
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungLad View Post
    I don't really care that much about how game sells, as long I like the game myself.
    PRO COLLECTOR TIP-
    The games that don't sell well end up selling for more later on
    Good example of this is certain PSone games
    Metal gear solid you can now get for next to nothing
    Vib Ribbon on the other hand is quite expensive
    Just like Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes & Ikaruga on cube
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

    Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

  5. #35
    I am Casual Caliko's Avatar
    Member #
    47263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    433
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Wow! Pat on the back to all of you! It's amazing to see the consumer actually being more intelligent and logical than the actual developer who's getting paid millions for it.

    If only they'd listen to us...
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

    EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

    As it stands today:

    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

    Wii Fit: 35 Million

  6. #36
    Wii Fanatic Maximo's Avatar
    Member #
    11306
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mckeesport,PA
    Posts
    616
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Its not so much about intelligence Caliko. As sad as it is to say its the money. These devs are only going to do something if pubs flash enough money in their face for it. Although the problem is pubs are only willing to put out so much cash for a wii experince so we get a water down version of what the dev probably originally intended.

    Everyone keeps going on about how retail games should stay in boxes on store shelves ,and should work hand & hand with digital downloads ,but i beg to differ.

    Sure years ago retail games did well on store shelves ,and devs had to go thru pubs because it was necessary evil at the time. Times have changed though. Memory is becoming larger at cheaper prices. A digital download cuts out the middleman of the publisher ,and their financial influences. Hence why devs are putting more experimental things out on wiiware..dsiware..psn..and xbla. Well why not go the same model with full retail games.

    Things have gone this way with music. Look at Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor got sick of record companies ,and started self publishing stuff as digital downloads.

    If games went completely download we would not only see devs putting out games that actually fit what we want on our systems ,but we may even see the price of these games for the consumers drop because there's no publisher..no printings/pressing costs ,and etc.

    I know this is something thats not going to happen on Wii this gen ,but at the rate things are going with Nintendo this gen they're going to have a hard time shaking what happened this gen with "mature" games on their system unless they take part in this business model.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

    Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

  7. #37
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,075
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    Wow! Pat on the back to all of you! It's amazing to see the consumer actually being more intelligent and logical than the actual developer who's getting paid millions for it.

    If only they'd listen to us...
    Sega did listen to us (via a online poll)
    The result
    NiGHTS Wii
    To bad they ruined it by agusting the camera.

    EA also like to hear from there fans
    But most of the time they use ear plugs


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  8. #38
    I am Casual Caliko's Avatar
    Member #
    47263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    433
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Its not so much about intelligence Caliko. As sad as it is to say its the money. These devs are only going to do something if pubs flash enough money in their face for it. Although the problem is pubs are only willing to put out so much cash for a wii experince so we get a water down version of what the dev probably originally intended.

    Everyone keeps going on about how retail games should stay in boxes on store shelves ,and should work hand & hand with digital downloads ,but i beg to differ.

    Sure years ago retail games did well on store shelves ,and devs had to go thru pubs because it was necessary evil at the time. Times have changed though. Memory is becoming larger at cheaper prices. A digital download cuts out the middleman of the publisher ,and their financial influences. Hence why devs are putting more experimental things out on wiiware..dsiware..psn..and xbla. Well why not go the same model with full retail games.

    Things have gone this way with music. Look at Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor got sick of record companies ,and started self publishing stuff as digital downloads.

    If games went completely download we would not only see devs putting out games that actually fit what we want on our systems ,but we may even see the price of these games for the consumers drop because there's no publisher..no printings/pressing costs ,and etc.

    I know this is something thats not going to happen on Wii this gen ,but at the rate things are going with Nintendo this gen they're going to have a hard time shaking what happened this gen with "mature" games on their system unless they take part in this business model.
    Dont be modest yall got some good logic here.

    BUT I would HATE to see full downloadable games and the murder of the retail market. I for one an a VERY VERY social person, I love meeting new people of all ages, love conversation and i think online dating can be lame and I bet I'm not the only one.
    If video games consoles go the PSP GO path we will see MILLIONS of people, lose their jobs, we'll lose the privilege of shopping at gaming stores. Basically we'll lose gaming stores completely.

    What will we do when malls close down?? I really appreciate shopping and would hate to be stuck on a computer when I wanna shop or "socialize". Let's appreciate store CSR's and let's keep our jobs too.

    DPrinny said:
    EA also like to hear from there fans
    But most of the time they use ear plugs
    LOL!! It's true It's true!!
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

    EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

    As it stands today:

    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

    Wii Fit: 35 Million

  9. #39
    I love the game of Basebl Eddy122's Avatar
    Member #
    64715
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind the couch
    Posts
    270
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5798-9589-9244-4010
    Thank god mature games aren't for the Wii
    -Eddy122
    Wii Code: 5798-9589-9244-4010
    Brawl Code: 3093-6961-1469



    Quote Originally Posted by BoZ the Epic View Post
    I'm not old! I'm hip! Just the other day, i went to some groovey party with some cool cats dancing to some hip music!

  10. #40
    I am Casual Caliko's Avatar
    Member #
    47263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    433
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy122 View Post
    Thank god mature games aren't for the Wii
    You forgot your sarcasm tags guy.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

    EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

    As it stands today:

    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

    Wii Fit: 35 Million

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. internet help an questions as to why?
    By silywiibit in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:26 AM
  2. IGN Nintendo's Most Anticipated Games of 2008
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
  3. How Gamers Will Save The World
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Search tags for this page

vib ribbon nine inch nails

Click on a term to search for related topics.