LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

probably been asked before but would like to know why.

im not a huge pokemon fan but i do find the game some what enjoyable. how come the game (rpg style ones like the gold, silver, red, green, blue etc) have never been made for the wii or previous nintendo systems other than hand helds. i mean why not make a better graphic version of the handheld ones. i mean the wii could use a good RPG. and on the wii it could contain all the pokemon from previous versions like a compliation of every single color, it has the space for it. has this ever been explained before?

again sorry if this is a repeat question.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    this belongs in the pokemon section. and it has been asked before in that section.

the main problem was the wild poke system. in a 3d game, how would it work without having just random encounters like some FF games.
    another thing is nintendo believes (as do most fans) that the main series poke games[g/s/c or r/s/e] should be a handheld only series

Member #
    Friends
    ok im sorry a mod can move this. well that is just dumb. i hate playing handhelds.

Member #
    Friends
    This is a question that I've heard many times and the only answer I can come up with is that Nintendo has too much money already and just couldn't find the space for the huge piles of cash that they'd make off a Pokemon RPG on the Wii.

Maybe they've been secretly working on one though and will suddenly suprise us. I was kind of hoping that Animal Crossing would be a practice session for them and that they were really just warming up to make a killer Pokemon MMORPG.

I'm actually not a huge Pokemon fan either. I played a couple of games back on the GBA and we do have Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii because the kids wanted it. Then I tried playing it and kind of enjoyed it except for the fact that you need your own Pokemon to get the most out of it, so I got Pokemon Pearl on the DS for Christmas and I'm slowly raising an army of the little critters.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    This is a question that I've heard many times and the only answer I can come up with is that Nintendo has too much money already and just couldn't find the space for the huge piles of cash that they'd make off a Pokemon RPG on the Wii.

Maybe they've been secretly working on one though and will suddenly suprise us. I was kind of hoping that Animal Crossing would be a practice session for them and that they were really just warming up to make a killer Pokemon MMORPG.

I'm actually not a huge Pokemon fan either. I played a couple of games back on the GBA and we do have Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii because the kids wanted it. Then I tried playing it and kind of enjoyed it except for the fact that you need your own Pokemon to get the most out of it, so I got Pokemon Pearl on the DS for Christmas and I'm slowly raising an army of the little critters.
    i sold my ds, i just dont have time for one. if im not playing wii, im watching movies, and if im not watching movies im on the blackberry i mean crackberry. they should just release Pokemon rainbow edition all the colors in one giant 3d wii game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Superballs View Post
    i sold my ds, i just dont have time for one. if im not playing wii, im watching movies, and if im not watching movies im on the blackberry i mean crackberry. they should just release Pokemon rainbow edition all the colors in one giant 3d wii game.
    I just got a DS to pass the time waiting for the bus, plus I love the Trauma Centre games and really really wanted Under The Knife 2 so that I could continue the story from the Wii game. I know what you mean about a lack of time though, I have a bunch of games that I need to play, but with work and TV I never have enough time

Now I think of it I remember playing one of the Pokemon RPGS on the N64 (using the GBA adaptor). It seemed to work fine on a big TV to me.

I'd imagine that if they bundled a bunch of the handheld games together and stuck it on the Wii then it would still sell by the bucketloads, even if they made very few changes.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Superballs View Post
    I just got a DS to pass the time waiting for the bus, plus I love the Trauma Centre games and really really wanted Under The Knife 2 so that I could continue the story from the Wii game. I know what you mean about a lack of time though, I have a bunch of games that I need to play, but with work and TV I never have enough time

Now I think of it I remember playing one of the Pokemon RPGS on the N64 (using the GBA adaptor). It seemed to work fine on a big TV to me.

I'd imagine that if they bundled a bunch of the handheld games together and stuck it on the Wii then it would still sell by the bucketloads, even if they made very few changes.
    yeah. ive been playing trauma center for wii. i have second opinion and new blood. very fun games. right now tho ive been playing lego starwars and rune factory frontier.

Ads