LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    i understand the differences quite clearly Caliko.. Although even if its a 2nd party game whos name is getting stamped on it as it being theres? NINTENDO...Retro does the Metroid games. What is Retro..2nd party..whos name is on the box & disc Nintendo..

Secondly..even the 2nd party developers get visits from big wigs at Nintendo such as Iwata & Miyamoto especially Miyamoto so its not like there wouldn't be a Nintendo sourced influence on the game.

Now I disagree that Nintendo doesn't have to make a mature and/or core game...You keep pointing the finger at SEGA...well tell me did SEGA develop HoTDK ,Madworld ,or Conduit? NO...it was another developer that Nintendo could easily pick up. These games aren't SEGA IPs they were just published by SEGA..I wouldn't leave the core game duties up to SEGA anyhow then we definitely wouldnt get anywhere

Hell I'd love to see Nintendo take HVS under their wing as a 2nd party dev ,and push The Conduit IP further as a Nintendo owned IP.

And to clarify the whole 1st 2nd & 3rd party thing..
    1st party games are games developed by in-house software development teams from that particular hardware developer

2nd party games are games developed by outsourced software development teams that said hardware developer may ,or may not have purchase stock in & such hardware developer publishes the developers game as their own.

3rd party games are games developed by a software development team that has no ties to any one particular hardware developer ,and can make games for any system they wish ,and usually have to seek out publishing deals unless able to self publish.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    It seems that Sega was jumping the gun a bit.

Nintendo are publishing their first 'Cero D' rated Wii game in Japan - Zangeki no Reginleiv (formally known as Dynamic Slash). That is the equivalent of an M rating here. It isn't the first Wii game to get that rating (RE:4 and Dead Rising were rated Cero D too) but it is the first to actually be published by Nintendo.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a push Nintendo will give the game when/if they bring it over to the west.

In the meantime, Capcom's new titles seem to be getting some healthy advertising. Hopefully they get good sales as a result and then other 3rd parties understand what they have to do.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    its not all about the rating RaisingHelen. I mean Dynamic Slash isn't the first mature game Nintendo has published ,or adult oriented title. They had Disaster & Fatal Frame 4. Problem is Nintendo has been leaving these titles in Japan & not bringing them over to other regions.

Also we could go further back ,and you'd see Eternal Darkness as well as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark ,and Conker being some more mature rated ,or adult oriented titles Nintendo has published. Its not they don't do it ,or can't do it rather its they've been neglecting it. And, when they do it this gen they seem to be leaving it out for everyone except japan.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Ads