LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Even More Nintendo Titles Get The Axe

According to wii.nintendolife. Some more nintendo titles are getting the beat down.
    Shake no more, fellahs

Shaking stilled, Battalions blasted and walls Charged

Just last week, gaming blog Coffee With Games reported that Nintendo would be ceasing production and distribution of the Metroid Prime Trilogy compilation in the US. Now, several sites are reporting that the company is laying off even more games, some of which haven't even blown out their first birthday candle yet.

According to the blog, Nintendo is no longer producing or distributing Wario Land: Shake It, Mario Strikers Charged or Battalion Wars 2 in the US. And North America is far from the only region to see cuts as Aussie site Vooks reports that Down Under will be seeing no more of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

So does this mean the end of New Play Control Metroid, of which the Trilogy was a compilation of in the first place? Yes, for the time being, according to Nintendo:
    At this time, a New Play Control version of the Metroid Prime games has not been announced for release here in North America. More importantly, we do not have any information that tells us this game will or won't be announced...
    If Nintendo hasn't canned these games in your region yet, expect them to do so shortly. We suggest taking that next paycheck or allowance to pick them up before they disappear and leave you at the mercy of potentially gouged second-hand prices.
    heres the links : coffeewithgames.blogspot.com and vooks.net

Member #
    Friends
    7154-9562-3568-1393
    I don't see the point in this.

BEFORE ADDING ME ANYWHERE, PLEASE CONFIRM THAT WE'VE MET BEFORE/TALKED ALREADY.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe I should look at getting Warioland now for $20. I'd been putting it off until I was finished with NSMB Wii.

So glad that I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy when it came out, although I'm thinking I should have snagged an extra copy when I saw it selling for $20 over Christmas and could have made a profit on Ebay. With its low sales I'd expect it to become quite valuable in the future.

The others I've owned, completed and traded in already.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    It's not uncommon to stop production and shipment of games. After all, it's expensive to do.

Try and find a copy of Tetris for the DS...

Member #
    Friends
    8239-2320-0386-0086
    How interesting, and agreed with above, it happens.

Currently Playing: SSBB ( Online )

''TO GAIN SOMETHING, SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE MUST BE LOST THAT IS ALCHEMY's FIRST RULE OF EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE''

Ads