Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1858-1536-2592-3221
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Jump off a bridge and count the second it takes for you to hit the ground. Then come back and post it.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's a legitimate question buddy, half the reviews that people make about anything are horse shit, he wanted the true reactions from some people. Lighten up a little, if you have nothing good to say, or constructive, don't say anything at all.

Member #
    Friends
    Edit - whoops sorry got my forums mixed up
    Last edited by Big_Mill; 11-27-2006 at 06:31 PM.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by ftcmark
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's a legitimate question buddy, half the reviews that people make about anything are horse shit, he wanted the true reactions from some people. Lighten up a little, if you have nothing good to say, or constructive, don't say anything at all.
    Nah, it's the fact that there are 4 or 5 posts talking about the same thing right below this one... If he went through the trouble to press the New Thread button, I am sure he saw them... so why clutter up the site with the same bullshit?

Member #
    Friends
    The game is fun for a while but I'm starting to get a bit bored with it. If it had online MP then I'd keep it but I plan to trade it in.

Member #
    Friends
    4585-5778-1593-6576

I like the game alot yes it has a bit of a learning curve but that adds to the game not take away from it.. I didn't buy it at first because of all of the bad reviews but I am the type of person that likes games for what they are and Resteel is just what it claims to be an FPS with a new control scheme. I didn't like at first but now I love it. Very nice graphics and special effects (partical and smoke).I like the menu interface and the 4 way multi-player death matches I have with my family..brothers and cousins...! Give it a shot, rent it first if you don't wanna shell out 50 bucks but at this price it is one of the good games out for the Wii. Like they said either you LIKE it or you Don't there no real in between for this one. Hope this helps...?
    Last edited by JorgieX; 11-28-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    Wii Online Code: 4585-5778-1593-6576
    Wii Username: JorgieX
    my Wii-Mail address is: w4585577815936576@wii.com

Member #
    Friends
    I actually am really impressed with the game
    i dont think the controls are difficult at all
    but i guess thats just me

Its all based on your preference, I'd rent it first if you are unsure.

Member #
    Friends

red steel aint so bad

Red Steel, i think is a good game. they maybe shoulda worked on it a bit more though. The sword fighting mechanic is creative but unlike the gun fighting (which captures your arms near perfectly) a swing of the remote while sword fighting gives you a pre-programmed swing. With that said, the japanese-style music, cut-seens and menus give it a good theme. It's not spectacular but it's worth getting.

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I expect red steel to be halfway between a lightgun game and a fps. Def not Halo...
    People expected too much from this title. I mean the swordfighting I expect to be closer to wii sports boxing than anything else. It would be a game in itself if the sword behaved exactly as you are holding it. - a fps beat-em-up or something... Thats too much to ask for people at this stage. Its a new console - a new control system. We're not at the stage of "the matrix" yet...

Member #
    Friends
    8374-5612-2233-2122
    I picked up this title on launch day and I will probably be trading this title in on Friday.

I don't hate the game, but I have to say that this game is not for me really. I like FPS games to an extent, I'm not uber crazy about them, but I enjoy them from time to time.

The controls aren't horrible, however they could use some retooling and more control options such as modifying turning speeds and having a button to lock from turning by accident when enemies are at the corners of the screen.

One of my biggest gripes of the game is the story and dialogue. I might be able to tolerate this game a little more if I could skip those story scenes with the terrible acting and terrible script. The whole "gaikokujin"(外国人) or "gaijin"(外人) for short, in the world of the Yakuza seems kind of bland to me. The story could've been better. It's too campy for my tastes.

The graphics aren't amazing, but it's a launch title, no one fully takes advantage of a system's hardware at launch. I've already heard news of a sequel in the works.

N-Europe: News: Red Steel Sequel Is Planned

I'd be willing to give the franchise another shot however I might give it a rent instead to be sure I'll be satisfied with the title.

wiiiing since 11/19/06 wiiCrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0738-7957-2604-0610
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    I expect red steel to be halfway between a lightgun game and a fps. Def not Halo...
    People expected too much from this title. I mean the swordfighting I expect to be closer to wii sports boxing than anything else. It would be a game in itself if the sword behaved exactly as you are holding it. - a fps beat-em-up or something... Thats too much to ask for people at this stage. Its a new console - a new control system. We're not at the stage of "the matrix" yet...
    agreed. if you accept it for what it is its F#n awesome. think of it more as an arcade shooter with a nice FPS twist and a splash of gimmicky yet VERY FUN swordplay. shake lightly and serve lead to all the baddies that want you dead!

Ads