11.1 million people can't be wrong
Beats Call of Duty, Madden... Namco Museum?!
NPD recently revealed a list of the best-selling games in the US, and Nintendo's pack-in title Wii Play
came out on top, beating every other game of the past fifteen years.
That's right - those nine minigames have sold more copies than any title from the Call of Duty
, Madden NFL
, Grand Theft Auto
and Guitar Hero
series. NPD haven't released the actual sales figures yet, but last October they revealed Wii Play had sold a staggering 11.1 million copies across the US.
The biggest surprise of all in NPD's list? The tenth best-selling game of all time in the US is Namco Museum
. That's right - it's outsold Brain Training
, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
and thousands of other titles.
Here's the top ten in full.
ALL-TIME TOP 10 US NON-PC GAMES
1) Wii Play (Wii)
2) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
3) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox)
4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
5) Wii Fit (Wii)
6) Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
7) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360, DS)
8) Madden NFL 07 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA, Wii)
9) Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, Wii)
10) Namco Museum (DC, GBA, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP, N64, PS3, Wii, DS, PS, Xbox 360)