LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Watch: Red Steel 2 Caldera trailer

According to wii.qj.net, Ubisoft released a trailer for RS2.

too see the trailer for RS2 go here...http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/watch-red-steel-2-caldera-trailer.html

Pulled from the Game Trailer site. Ubisoft Delivers Red Steel 2 Info, Images

Ubisoft today released a few screens from Red Steel 2 in addition to a Q&A with the game’s creative director Jason Vandenberghe. The interview discusses Red Steel 2’s environments, weather effects, inhabitants, day/night cycles and more. There’s really not much more to say. You can check the interview out after the jump or snag a look at the new screens here.

Red Steel 2 is expected to ship this March.

Is Caldera the whole land and not just the city?

Let’s talk about the world of Red Steel 2 a little.
    Caldera is a city in what is generally known as the “Nevada Territories”. It’s kinda northwest of Las Vegas, off the beaten path a bit, in what’s affectionately known as the “High Desert” (a.k.a. the Mojave Desert) – an elevated, hot, flat, chunk of the Rocky Mountains.
    The land surrounding Caldera is named “Caldera County” as well, and one big crater was the most interesting landmark (a “caldera”, for the curious, is another word for a big sinkhole or crater). So, no, Caldera isn’t the whole land. The “world” of Red Steel 2 is the Red West.
    In fact, “the Red West” is a phrase used to describe the whole western part of North America.

Will there be other places than desert in the game?

But of course. The whole story takes place in and around the city of Caldera, and there’s a lot of different kinds of environments in that place. Ancient temples, ramshackle slums, desert, huge modern freight-moving systems… it’s a real city. Then you’ll roll on out into surrounding canyons, where you’ll find a pueblo-style mining town, a huge semi-automated strip mine, old, abandoned underground tunnels, an ancient ancestral monastery / temple clinging to the side of a cliff…
    But if you mean “do you go anywhere cold, like the moon or something” the answer is no.

Will there be weather effects in Caldera (rain, sandstorms, etc.)?

Yes. When we were conceiving the ‘mood’ for each level, we tried to give the weather, time of day, and general atmosphere for each space a unique feeling, one that would fit the gameplay for that location. Honestly, there were a few times where our ambience people (lighting, VFX, audio, etc) showed us some stuff that we were convinced wasn’t possible on the Wii… but they did it.

Will there be night, dusk and dawn in the game?

The gameplay takes place over several days, and the Sun in the Red West rises and sets just like it does in the real world. What I mean to say is that there will be a few night levels, yes.

Are there living people anywhere? I know the inhabitants left but are there any remaining?

Yes! Yes indeed! Crucial, key, power-granting inhabitants! You should be discovering that in the near future, in fact what I can tell you is there are four inhabitants of great importance the player that you will encounter repeatedly, get missions from, buy cool powers from, and who, in general, will help convey to you the Story. That is, assuming you don’t skip the cutscenes. (By the way, every time you skip a cutscene, a fairy dies somewhere. I’m watching you.)
    Last edited by castlezelda; 01-27-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    7154-9562-3568-1393
    Looks awesome, much better than The Grinder a few pages ago.

Gotta try the first installment until this one drops.

BEFORE ADDING ME ANYWHERE, PLEASE CONFIRM THAT WE'VE MET BEFORE/TALKED ALREADY.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5764-3657-1520-1551
    I can't wait for this game. I hope It has online

Sig By Dprinny
    Bow down, b!tch!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy jack View Post
    I can't wait for this game. I hope It has online
    Sadly, I think they confirmed no online play last year?

Still I had my doubts about the game, especially being cell shaded (initially I wanted them to improve on the first ones look) but I am impressed. It all looks like and sounds like it will play smoother this time around too which is great.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i'm gonna buy this no matter what, looks like it'll kick ass

Member #
    Friends
    5764-3657-1520-1551
    Same hear how can you not buy a game when you ra ninja with a revolver lol

Sig By Dprinny
    Bow down, b!tch!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by castlezelda View Post
    i'm gonna buy this no matter what, looks like it'll kick ass
    Seems you made a good choice as the reviews so far have said that it is pretty great.

I was going to pick it up today via trade-ins but I would have had to trade in 8 games at EBgames to get it, which was just too much so I'll wait untill next week and just buy it. Instead I traded in Harvey Birdman, Ju On, Indiana Jones and CSI Hard Evidence and got Rogue Trooper, Samba De Amigo and a Spongebob game for the kids.

It's a shame that there is no multiplayer in Red Steel 2 but it does look like one of the best 3rd party games to date and after reading the reviews and seeing the videos it is now a must have.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I picked up Red Steel 2 yesterday from gamestop, this game is sweet. Now for my review, (well a very short review) the game is cell shaded, the gameplay is much improved from the first installment. you play a guy who is a ninja/cowboy type which is bad-ass with a Katana (Samurai sword) and a Revolver. I don't think the game goes in levels but more like missions. you get money to buy guns, upgrade your Katana's, revolver, and buy any training you wanna acquire.

Sadly no multiplayer or online, it would've been nice if we could see who is the better warrior (by online) like have a 1 on 1 deathmatch But I do think Ubisoft was talking about online, shame that it has no online.

I'm looking at the weapon list on cheatcc.com which redirected me to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB5HXAr2ck&feature=player_embedded
    Last edited by castlezelda; 03-24-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    i got it oredered from amazon but i havnt recieved a shipping notice!

EDIT:
    it says shipping march 29..ugh
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by FloYdian View Post
    i got it oredered from amazon but i havnt recieved a shipping notice!

EDIT:
    it says shipping march 29..ugh
    I heard Amazon won't ship the game until march 29th.

Ads