LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    YOU WANNIT?! IT'S YOURS MY FRIEND, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ENOUGH RUPPEES.
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5649-5607-0254-5491
    Because Nintendo wants to make the Wii "family-friendly."
    Join BlackHawksFinest For Modern Warfare Reflex

Contact me for more information. Send me a Private Message or a visitor message.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjRNov4mwmI

Created by Shadow*91

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair D. View Post
    Because Nintendo wants to make the Wii "family-friendly."
    And then makes Smash Brothers that has Nintendos characters beating the stuffing outa each other

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    still...the question remains: why not enough good fighting games for the Wii? the reason why i'm buying a Wii is not for fighting ganes but still i would like to see them. the PS3's and 360's are getting the most maybe because they have the right hardware. if the Wii 2 (or Wii HD) can get it right will we see them games more you think?
    Last edited by gino_76ph; 03-28-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    It would be nice if I can play TEKKEN on Wii... but on second thought... maybe there's no need for that. If Wii could come up with a cooler fighting game then why not...
    Ben Crawford

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bencrawfor View Post
    It would be nice if I can play TEKKEN on Wii... but on second thought... maybe there's no need for that. If Wii could come up with a cooler fighting game then why not...
    that is true though. if they can combine elements from the old Castlevania Judgement and the upcoming Tournament of Legends (and a bit of that SC Legends) then we can have a good Tekken alternative.

now, if only there's a follow up to those 2D beat um ups like Capcom vs SNK2 or Guilty Gear XX then we can give SFIV a hell of a fight....

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=raisinghelen;1103411]Tatsunoko vs Capcom is one of (if not the) best fighting games on any consoleQUOTE]

What about the marvel vs capcom series?
    Friend Code Brawl: 3566-1197-3649 Kubo
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 4082 7831 3740
    xbox 360 gamertag: kfchotwings

Member #
    Friends
    so far the best 2D beat-em-up is Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. if they can continue and build on that then i hope it will all be sunny days for us Wii fans. if not then we can only hope or suggest it to Nintendo or known publishers of said games.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and my other fave Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters 12) are all available for the 360. why not for the Wii....?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    To be honest if your into your fighters your money would be best spent on a 360 and a pair of joysticks/street fighter pads.
    Then you have loads to chose from.

Comparing it to Street fighter is easy, but Tekken and Soul Caliber?
    Come on there years old and there not even the same gameplay wise to Street Fighter
    They would do better getting a PS3 for fighters. The 360s pad is horrible and the cost of buying special joysticks/pads would offset the extra cost of the PS3. I don't see the point of quantity over quality myself though, not that they don't have great fighters on PS3/360 (BlazBlue for example) but you wouldn't be getting anything that is drastically better than you already have on the Wii.

There would also be the option of getting a couple of Gamecube controllers and playing fighters from that system (although there isn't really that many of note that I remember).

Soulcaliber IV came out in 2008 and Tekken VI in 2009. That's hardly years old! Of course the styles are different but in overall terms I think that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a better game than both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and my other fave Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters 12) are all available for the 360. why not for the Wii....?
    As DPrinny said Nintendo like to release games in order, so they'll go through the entire series until they get to those games. I doubt we'll see Marvel vs Capcom 2 though, not because the Wii can't run it but because it wasn't on any of the consoles currently supported by the VC. The only hope for that would be the arcade version turning up on the VC Arcade at some point.

I'm fine with the fighters I've got right now - Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSBB, Street Fighter 2 Turbo/TNC (VC), Mortal Kombat 2-3 (Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for Gamecube) keep me happy and I don't see anything on the horizon that will usurp those titles.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    They would do better getting a PS3 for fighters. The 360s pad is horrible and the cost of buying special joysticks/pads would offset the extra cost of the PS3. I don't see the point of quantity over quality myself though, not that they don't have great fighters on PS3/360 (BlazBlue for example) but you wouldn't be getting anything that is drastically better than you already have on the Wii.
    The PS3 pad is even worse for fighters.
    http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/fighting/

Ok lets go off quality
    On 360
    Gaoru mark of wolfs
    Mavel vs capcom 2
    King of fighters 98
    Fatal Fury special
    Street fighter 2 HD
    Tekken 6
    Virtua fighter 5
    Super Street fighter 4
    Blaze Blue
    Street fighter 3 third strike (via the Street fighter collection on xbox)
    Capcom vs SNK 2

QUALITY!!
    To name a few

There would also be the option of getting a couple of Gamecube controllers and playing fighters from that system
    NO!!
    Fighting games should not be played on a Gamecube pad

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    anybody try bleach or mortal kombat for wii?

Ads