LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the thing about Bleach and Naruto i have no idea whatsoever with the storyline and the characters. also i had enough of Mortal Kombat unless they totally revamped the graphics and gameplay into something Tekken-ish or Soul Calibur then i will probably give up on fighting gmes for the Wii.

my/our only saving grace would probably be Tournament of Legends or the upcoming Toshinden game if it's any good.

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm.. I think mortal kombat is awesome but not really sure if they would recreate it? I also remembered that a while ago when somebody asked me what game would I like to play again.. and that's the first thing that came into my head.
    Ben Crawford

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    The people that made Mortal Kombat went bust as there games didnt sell to well

>Bleach on Wii
    Yeah its good.
    IF YOUR BLIND!!
    How many games do you know that you can win without even looking at the screen and waving the Wiimote round like your swatting a fly.
    Heck I have even won on it by putting the Wiimote in my mouth and rocking out.
    I only got the game as it was cheap and it turned out to be as brainless as the anime its based upon

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
    the thing about Bleach and Naruto i have no idea whatsoever with the storyline and the characters. also i had enough of Mortal Kombat unless they totally revamped the graphics and gameplay into something Tekken-ish or Soul Calibur then i will probably give up on fighting gmes for the Wii.

my/our only saving grace would probably be Tournament of Legends or the upcoming Toshinden game if it's any good.
    Both those games will likely be trash.

I find it strange when people say they wouldn't be interested in a fighting game because they don't know the story/characters. It would mean that in the past you'd never have played Street Fighter, Tekken, Soulcalibur or any of those fighting games because they all started off with new characters who you'd know nothing about. Naruto/Bleach may already be established but story is not usually a big factor in a beat em up, so you could practically treat the characters as new IPs and just enjoy a game for the gameplay.

I would have zero interest in a Wii Tekken or Soulcalibur as I already have 2 games that imo are equal to or better than those series (TvsC and SSBB), so why on earth would I wish for something worse than I already have.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    The people that made Mortal Kombat went bust as there games didnt sell to well

>Bleach on Wii
    Yeah its good.
    IF YOUR BLIND!!
    How many games do you know that you can win without even looking at the screen and waving the Wiimote round like your swatting a fly.
    Heck I have even won on it by putting the Wiimote in my mouth and rocking out.
    I only got the game as it was cheap and it turned out to be as brainless as the anime its based upon

lol yeah congrats on the mod job long overdue.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
    The greatness of Toshinden is in its title.
    TOSH!!!
    Toshinden always has been tosh and always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I would have zero interest in a Wii Tekken or Soulcalibur as I already have 2 games that imo are equal to or better than those series (TvsC and SSBB), so why on earth would I wish for something worse than I already have.
    You mustn't of played them two games then as there style of play is totally different.

Even Tekken and SoulCalibur play differently.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    and i think the problem also lies on the Wii being seen/perceived as a "kiddie" or gimmicky machine. and i also think it is also a matter of the hardware. until we see a follow-up to the Wii (with 720p/1080p capability, HDMI, improved wi-fi, etc.) and developers and publishers taking it seriously then untill tehn we won't see any serious fighting games come out from our beloved ageing console....

Member #
    Friends
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Bleach on wii sucks pretty bad if youre not a fan. Sorry I just had to say that though.

Fighting games can be sliced many ways.The reasons they are all different is beacase certain people like to play a certtain way. If you jump right into a fighting game, TvsC is good. If you want more challenge and a game that requires more discipline, street fighter is good. But remember that theses games have different styles so one game could be fun for one person, but horrible fo another.
    You wanna game to play with tons of freinds, get brawl. By your self, Street fighter or tekken. For the wii, TvsC or DBZ Budokai tenkaichi are youre best bets. The latter is cheaper. But as JeremyGTS said(I think it was him), The better fighting games are on the VC.

Member #
    Friends
    i have TvC and so far i'm loving it and it's pretty awesome i must say especially with a wiimote you don't need to do some button mashing,etc.

but what VC fighting games can you recommend? are they free?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    No they are not
    There isnt that many
    Super Street fighter 2 turbo and Street fighter Alpha 2 are high on the list
    Its to bad that Nintendo are a pain with there VC games other wise we would probably already have some of the best ones and not the ones you can get on those compilation discs for less than they are on the Wii

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Ads