LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    I think if PD sold well Nintendo and MS could get back to trying to work out a deal with Goldeneye, and MS can let them have Perfect Dark as a offer of goodwill.
    It isn't just Nintendo and Microsoft that were involved in the Goldeneye debacle, there's the whole 007 license issue as well.

I fail to see how Perfect Dark not being on the VC has anything to do with Nintendo of Japan though, other than them selling Rare back in 2002 (which was a great bit of business).
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh!
    How about
    • A few bugs iorned out
    • Online gubbins
    • A controller that it will probably be better on
    • And the stuff you mentioned

Yes I do have it on N64 as well
    Only draw backs are that its download only and I hate download only things

.... urgh, it's people like you which made people like me not bother with game forums anymore! Seriously, if I gave two shits about playing it on the Xbox 360, I would go buy one, but seeing as I'm not, I won't be. I don't think anyone is crying about anything? Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!
    You sound more like the fanboy here.

Oh hai, I just sexed up your Wii
    Spoiler Alert!

Its no wonder the PS3s new waggle controller is more rounded. It makes it easier for Sony fans boys to shove up there arses.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    How about
    • A few bugs iorned out
    • Online gubbins
    • A controller that it will probably be better on
    • And the stuff you mentioned
    Arguably the best game on the N64 is now the best game on the 360. On the whole the game is relatively untouched with a slight improvement in visuals due to better textures/higher resolution, a much better framerate and of course the addition of online play. There are still a few bugs and moments when it can freeze up; but on the whole it is a much smoother experience. One bad change is the look of Joanna, she looked fine before but it looks like they decided to model her on Posh Spice for the 360 port. Thankfully its a FPS though and not a 3rd person shooter so it doesn't matter too much.

Controls are no different than the N64 version. It is of course dual analogue but that was available in the original (by using 2 N64 controllers). In terms of accuracy there is little difference, in fact I think it was slightly easier to aim with the N64 controller but that could just be my 360 controllers stick being a bit loose or something.

I'm not sure how well the online works just yet as I've only played one game and was killed 6 times at spawn points before I could even move or pick up a gun. That rarely happened when I played on the N64 so I'll reserve judgement until I've played some more matches. Splitscreen is as good as ever.

Even after 10 years Perfect Dark is still a great game and really shows how much FPS have been dumbed down over the years. In PD you have your objective but usually no map or guide to find it, unlike modern FPS that have a map and often a guide arrow even when you're pretty much on a straight path. It is a classic game and a bargin at 800 MS points ($10).
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Damn Japanese are screwing us over. I'll just get this as a ROM then. I already have GoldenEye anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    i never played PD..just goldeneye :P
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    It was a good game...Ten years ago. Even "Remastered," it still looks it's age... Here's an idea, scrape the 4 inches of dust off of your N64, and hit ebay for a copy of PD!

Ads