LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Perfect Dark hitting soon

    Well I used to take pity on the Wii folks here since they weren't going to experience the greatness of Perfect Dark. Now that is replaced my laughter. Now now, I'm not exactly laughing at you.

    I'm laughing at Nintendo of Japan that have essentially screwed you all over because you will never get to experience Perfect Dark.

    PD Trailer

    Behold it and weep, because we even get the classic Goldeneye Guns for multiplayer, so we essentially got Goldeneye007 in the bundle. Maybe if you all cry and beg Iwata will finally pull his head out of the sand and repent. I have to laugh at Nintendo because they can't derail this now, there's nothing they can do since it's an original IP of Rare and not full of licenses and crap.

    Who knows, maybe if PD sells well enough on the Xbox Live Arcade perhaps both parties will see about getting Goldeneye007 back on the table. For now, I'll be enjoying the best FPS ever to hit consoles in glorious HD and 60 FPS.

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I suppose everyone is too busy despairing and wishing Nintendo would get this game on the Virtual Console.

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Why would anyone have thought that Perfect Dark would be on the VC? It's well known that it is a Rare franchise and that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Expecting it to be released for the Wii is like expecting Mario to appear on the 360, it just wont happen. Goldeneye could appear on either console but probably wont because of all the companies staking claims in it.

    I'm not sure if Perfect Dark was really worth the 375 million that Microsoft paid for Rare but at least they finally have got a good game out of them, even if it is a port of a 10 year old game. I'm not sure why nobody has outright copied PD in all those years as it still has some of the best weapons in any FPS (the laptop gun and rail gun are especially great).

    I'll be buying it on the 360 as soon as I get a harddrive.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Why would anyone have thought that Perfect Dark would be on the VC? It's well known that it is a Rare franchise and that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Expecting it to be released for the Wii is like expecting Mario to appear on the 360, it just wont happen. Goldeneye could appear on either console but probably wont because of all the companies staking claims in it.

    I'm not sure if Perfect Dark was really worth the 375 million that Microsoft paid for Rare but at least they finally have got a good game out of them, even if it is a port of a 10 year old game. I'm not sure why nobody has outright copied PD in all those years as it still has some of the best weapons in any FPS (the laptop gun and rail gun are especially great).

    I'll be buying it on the 360 as soon as I get a harddrive.
    One would think that if the Goldeneye deal with Nintendo and Microsoft went through I'm willing to bet Perfect Dark would have made it to both consoles. Since that's not the case, we get the next best thing, the consolation prize of its worthy sequel.

    And yes, Rare has sucked ever since their move to the 360, but this one port game alone makes it worth it.

  5. #5
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,074
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Buh?

    Who would want a normal port of it?
    (Thats what Nintendo want with all there ports the same game with nothing added)
    Fans of Rare will probably already own a 360 and so wont want it on the Wii


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  6. #6
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Buh?

    Who would want a normal port of it?
    (Thats what Nintendo want with all there ports the same game with nothing added)
    Fans of Rare will probably already own a 360 and so wont want it on the Wii
    Which are why Nintendo Ports are made of fail.

    I think if PD sold well Nintendo and MS could get back to trying to work out a deal with Goldeneye, and MS can let them have Perfect Dark as a offer of goodwill.

    Doesn't matter to me in the end though, I'll be enjoying it on my 360.

  7. #7
    Haz
    Haz is offline
    Nintendo Encyclopedia Haz's Avatar
    Member #
    4028
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    Well I used to take pity on the Wii folks here since they weren't going to experience the greatness of Perfect Dark. Now that is replaced my laughter. Now now, I'm not exactly laughing at you.

    I'm laughing at Nintendo of Japan that have essentially screwed you all over because you will never get to experience Perfect Dark.

    PD Trailer

    Behold it and weep, because we even get the classic Goldeneye Guns for multiplayer, so we essentially got Goldeneye007 in the bundle. Maybe if you all cry and beg Iwata will finally pull his head out of the sand and repent. I have to laugh at Nintendo because they can't derail this now, there's nothing they can do since it's an original IP of Rare and not full of licenses and crap.

    Who knows, maybe if PD sells well enough on the Xbox Live Arcade perhaps both parties will see about getting Goldeneye007 back on the table. For now, I'll be enjoying the best FPS ever to hit consoles in glorious HD and 60 FPS.

    I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh!


    Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

    FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!


  8. #8
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh![/QUOTE]

    It's okay to cry because you won't have it how Rare intended it to be. I'll be enjoying the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, playing online with friends in co-op, counter-co op, multiplayer, and in the multiplayer challenges. And yea, better graphics and frame rate are nice. You can enjoy the choppy framerate when too much action goes on.

    By all means, keep the relic. I'll be over here in the 21st century.

  9. #9
    Haz
    Haz is offline
    Nintendo Encyclopedia Haz's Avatar
    Member #
    4028
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh

    It's okay to cry because you won't have it how Rare intended it to be. I'll be enjoying the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, playing online with friends in co-op, counter-co op, multiplayer, and in the multiplayer challenges. And yea, better graphics and frame rate are nice. You can enjoy the choppy framerate when too much action goes on.

    By all means, keep the relic. I'll be over here in the 21st century.
    .... urgh, it's people like you which made people like me not bother with game forums anymore! Seriously, if I gave two shits about playing it on the Xbox 360, I would go buy one, but seeing as I'm not, I won't be. I don't think anyone is crying about anything? Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!

    You bore me.


    Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

    FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!


  10. #10
    WiiChat Member Shady41's Avatar
    Member #
    62088
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh

    It's okay to cry because you won't have it how Rare intended it to be. I'll be enjoying the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, playing online with friends in co-op, counter-co op, multiplayer, and in the multiplayer challenges. And yea, better graphics and frame rate are nice. You can enjoy the choppy framerate when too much action goes on.

    By all means, keep the relic. I'll be over here in the 21st century.
    Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!
    Actually those are console fanboys, and I don't care about the console wars at all. I'm just here because of the pleasant irony that we'll have the best FPS ever and you don't because of some douche over in Nintendo of Japan.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Rate the last movie you saw
    By TeamLiam in forum The Entertainment Lounge
    Replies: 1157
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 03:38 AM
  2. Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)
    By Shadow*91 in forum Board Games
    Replies: 357
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 07:59 AM
  3. Goldeneye007 and Perfect Dark anyone?
    By Shady41 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 01:22 AM
  4. Hello
    By Martyrdom in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 01:27 PM
  5. Perfect Dark.... N64 !!!!!
    By daviduk200 in forum Xbox Consoles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 08:36 AM