LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Resident Evil 5 for the Wiii....?

hiya i'm planning to buy a Wii next month and i'm still very much interested in buying an RE game. RE5 has been out for the 360 & PS3 but so far none for the Wii. is there any possibility/news/chance that we might see RE5 on the Wii this year 2010?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    been discussed here multiple times, each time it has been decided its imopssible without dumbing it down, and likely making it a rail shooter. so no, there is no chance of RE5 on the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Just play RE4 for wii and IMAGINE its RE5, thats my best bet haha hehe

Member #
    Friends
    get it on PC, its almost like playing RE5 on Wii, using the keyboard and mouse that is..

Check out RE4 and the railshooters, they pass the time.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    been discussed here multiple times, each time it has been decided its imopssible without dumbing it down, and likely making it a rail shooter. so no, there is no chance of RE5 on the Wii
    I really don't see that. The only things that would need to be dumbed down would be the graphics and perhaps the online co-op multiplayer. Other than that there is no reason why it couldn't run on the Wii, the levels are actually smaller than RE4 and it controls the same. If RE4 was possible without being on rails then there's no reason why RE5 would have to be. The talk of the Wii not even being able to run the title screen was just them trying to hype up the HD versions and in reality it really wasn't that advanced at all.

The chances of it appearing on the Wii are very slim unless there was a huge public demand. I don't think it is a great loss though as RE4 is the better game anyway.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I really don't see that. The only things that would need to be dumbed down would be the graphics and perhaps the online co-op multiplayer. Other than that there is no reason why it couldn't run on the Wii, the levels are actually smaller than RE4 and it controls the same. If RE4 was possible without being on rails then there's no reason why RE5 would have to be. The talk of the Wii not even being able to run the title screen was just them trying to hype up the HD versions and in reality it really wasn't that advanced at all.

The chances of it appearing on the Wii are very slim unless there was a huge public demand. I don't think it is a great loss though as RE4 is the better game anyway.
    1: graphics would really have to be dumbed down.
    2: online would likely have to be pulled out completely, or cut down to only the co-op and no versus mode

i don't even know where you heard that title screen crap. the menus are pretty basic so they'd be fine. its the ingame graphics that would be too much for the wii as is.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    1: graphics would really have to be dumbed down.
    2: online would likely have to be pulled out completely, or cut down to only the co-op and no versus mode

i don't even know where you heard that title screen crap. the menus are pretty basic so they'd be fine. its the ingame graphics that would be too much for the wii as is.
    The producer stated it before the game released, purely to hype it up as being something really advanced. Then the game released and it was worse than RE4.

I don't think that it is impossible to put it on the Wii with RE4 level graphics but it would be a lot of work for them as they would probably have to make all new assets, which probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the amount of sales that the game would get.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    8239-2320-0386-0086
    Tbh no I don't think Resi 5 will be released on Wii. Although I would like to imagine, Resi 5 wasn't all that great anyway compared to the previous games.

Currently Playing: SSBB ( Online )

''TO GAIN SOMETHING, SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE MUST BE LOST THAT IS ALCHEMY's FIRST RULE OF EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE''

Member #
    Friends
    Id like to see a revamped RE2 with new textures and wii controls, hell id settle for the N64 VC versioN!!!

Member #
    Friends
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Dont really care cause RE4 was the greatest one ever made and thats already been revamped.

Ads