LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have to agree with ABC here, this just isnt good enough. That screenshot posted on page one of this thread is blocky as hell. There was some stunning games on the gamecube and this has certainly not surpassed them, and it should be.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Haha. Well, I actually benefitted from this post. Someone mentioned Prince of Persia's greatness, then I remembered that I used to play that game, but never got very far. So, I dug up PoP:SoT, put it in my 360, and prayed it read the disc

It did, and now I'll have an amazing game to occupy me until I get a Wii. You rock OP

Member #
    Friends
    I have seen the videos on ign and although i dont think they represent what its going to look like in 480p or even 480i the textures are looking slightly weak. I think they have spent more time getting the controls working well than using the wii's full potential. But as it is a launch title id rather have the wiimote working well and sacrifice graphics slightly.

saying its a slight step up from a N64 game isnt a very fair comparison though. take a look back dont just use your memory becuase i think youv given it a bit too much credit.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Well the IGN was just a preview, could be made a bit better, but I doubt any company can do it that fast and get it into games and ready to be manufacturered

Member #
    Friends
    YouTube - FarCry Vengeance

look decent to me.

stop being tools, the game was fun before with decent graphics, it'll be fun again with decent graphics.

haha wow, i must admit, the physics DO look really bad though.
    Last edited by Swiftay; 11-29-2006 at 11:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    Published by: Ubisoft
    Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
    Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Number of Players: 1-2
    Release Date:
    US: December 5, 2006
    Europe: December 8, 2006

and yes, prince of Persia is great.
    Those publishers are full of shit, taking credit for others work.
    All the real work on FarCry has been made by Crytek the original developer, the only thing Ubisoft's team has done is sort of "developed" these crappy console versions from a ready game. like building legos with a sledgehammer and saw.
    Owner Of:
    Wii + 2xWiimote+nunchuk
    Classic Pad & Comp. Cables.
    TP, Wario, COD3, Play, Sports

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by xbandaidx
    Who said 360 and PS3 were next generation? Most game developers feel that the Wii is the true next generation because its actually TRYING to change how we play games.

Just CPU and Graphics upgrade.
    Exactly.

Everyone complaining about games 2 weeks after the console launch, read this post to put things in perspective, then be patient.
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ectations.html

HOWEVER, wasn't motion control initially planned as an add-on for the GC? It seems like the Wii may be graphically inferior to other 'next-gen' consoles b/c all their attention was focused on the new control, they didn't have time/money to address more powerful hardware.

So I feel like the Wii may be a test run, to see how well it sells & if people go for the new control scheme. Then they will release another much more powerful console w/refined motion control in 3-4 years.

Who knows, I am just talking out of my ass here.

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    The Wii is suppose to be equal if not better then the XBOX. Saying the Wii has inferior graphics or saying a game company produces games with bad graphics is wrong. It all depends on the development team that is involve in that game. If the group wants to put more time in the graphics, they could easily create a much better looking game compare to the XBOX. Point is the group of people who wrote/setup the graphics for Farcry either didn't have enough time or they plain suck and Ubisoft needs to fired them. Look at Resident Evil 4 which looks better then most XBOX games and it was running on the gamecube hardware which is weaker then XBOX and noticeable the Wii also with much less memory. In the end it all depends on who is programming it, and each game has their own development group even if it's in the same company.

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    so what. Zelda OOt of times graphic's are worse but does that make it a bad game no??? This is why most Games suck now becuase people want Graphic's not Game play. Its good to have good graphic's and all but I rather have a game like Zelda Minish Cap with 2D graphic's but great game play.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    Exactly.

Everyone complaining about games 2 weeks after the console launch, read this post to put things in perspective, then be patient.
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ectations.html

HOWEVER, wasn't motion control initially planned as an add-on for the GC? It seems like the Wii may be graphically inferior to other 'next-gen' consoles b/c all their attention was focused on the new control, they didn't have time/money to address more powerful hardware.

So I feel like the Wii may be a test run, to see how well it sells & if people go for the new control scheme. Then they will release another much more powerful console w/refined motion control in 3-4 years.

Who knows, I am just talking out of my ass here.
    Its not a bad thought, but the point I'm trying to get across is that every new hardware (including PS3) developers need to learn a new system again, they have to discover what works well and what doesn't. You cannot expect them to release a game for the wii with the best damn control in the world.

Now I will admit by taking what I have just said, there is no excuse for poor graphics, However, in the end it's about gameplay. I remember when I first played Half Life years after its release, and I thought the graphic was a bit subpar, but the gameplay was simply awesome.

Now having it been stated in this thread that the current Wii has the same power as the first gen xbox, we all have an idea of the potential the system can have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads