LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    i've played so much 3D, and when i got new super mario bros. DUDE IT*S GREAT! LoL. and also 2D. I Don't care about graphics too much. Everything better than n64 is GREAT:P

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Member #
    Friends
    I grew up on Nintendo, so I still play Super Mario, Duck Hunt, etc. Graphics don't make the game, but kids these days seem to think so Hell, over Thanksgiving break, I dusted off my Metal Gear Solid cd's and played through the entire game on my Playstation...twice! Sure, the graphics aren't great anymore, in fact they're downright horrible in some areas compared to today's standards, but that's not the point; the point is that I enjoyed playing through the games because, back when it was released in 1998, it pulled me into its gripping plot, fantastic dialog and voice acting, and superb gameplay mechanisms...not to mention the Easter Eggs in that game! And even to this day, I've yet to play a game that has even come close to rivaling my experience I had with the MGS series. As for Nintendo, I will admit...I STILL play Donkey Kong Kountry....I absolutely LOVE that game, and this past summer I played it :-) again, the graphics aren't great, but the gameplay is just down right addicting! You don't see these types of games anymore (maybe I'm not searching hard enough though )

I think we should be lucky We were spoiled with great games throughout the 90's

Member #
    Friends
    4287-9909-4049-1336
    I do agree, but I partly think it is the proccessing power, which is what they are judging the potential by.
    Add me for Wii! PM me if you do.

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Mmm NES...SEGA. I can't wait for all the oldies to come out. I rememeber playing all of them when I was little. I grew up on Nintendo and Genesis (except SNES), after time I got a PS, my favorite game on that was Driver (or was it driver 2?) It had a kickass plot, voice acting, I might play that again. However I'm too busy right now with Zelda.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't obsess about graphics, but I DO wish they were better. They're not bad, but they're not good, either.

720p at least -- 480x720 is such a bad resolution to play video games on. It's about like playing at 640x480 on a PC. What resolution do you usually pick to play a game on, on a PC? I generally pick 1680x1050 or 1280x720, whatever is available. Of course, I don't play PC games too much.

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    I don't know what you guys think, but Mario Bros for the NES has absolutely horrible graphics!!!! I can't believe that anybody would like that game because the graphics are just horrible!
    PM me if you want a link to a place that's good.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral
    I don't know what you guys think, but Mario Bros for the NES has absolutely horrible graphics!!!! I can't believe that anybody would like that game because the graphics are just horrible!
    How old are you?

Most of the people here who like NES and Atari and the other are from the First generation of Gaming consoles, we learned that gameplay was more important than graphics.

Quite honestly if you gave me a game that had "horrible graphics like Mario Bros" but damn awesome gameplay, I'd play it anyways and probably tout it as being one of the best games out there.

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I hope he was being sarcastic.

I grew up on Super Mario Bro.s and Donkey Kong Vs. Mario! (Great games man, great games) And Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2. 1 was actually harder than 2 o.o

Ads