LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,020
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164

    Sega bringing more arcade to Wii

    Consider this
    Sega with there history of kick ass shooters make some THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN PORTED TO A CONSOLE!!
    Now add to that the Wii
    So here are two forgotten Sega Shooters that where so damn good
    Probably due to them being loud and brash
    Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack

    Platform: Wii

    Rating: Teen

    Content descriptors: Violence

    Rating summary:
    This is an arcade-style first-person shooter in which players engage in missions to protect sections of New York and Los Angeles from enemy forces. Players aim targeting crosshairs on dozens of attacking soldiers, robots, missiles, and vehicles that explode when destroyed. Constant gunfire and explosions highlight the frenetic action; zoomed-in camera angles depict multiple projectiles striking the humanoid terrorist enemies.
    Via ESRB

    Yes it is a on the Rails shooter.
    Yes it was bloody good fun.
    Only prob I can see is the lack of oversized gun


    Now about that Panzer Dragoon collection or a SODDING UPDATE!!


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  2. #2
    Loading..... lazy jack's Avatar
    Member #
    64722
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wiistreet
    Posts
    1,421
    Friends
    78
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5764-3657-1520-1551
    Great another rail shooter.


    Sig By Dprinny
    Bow down, b!tch!

  3. #3
    Angel Of Chaos daisyJ27's Avatar
    Member #
    63817
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,189
    Friends
    48
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    its about time

  4. #4
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,020
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy jack View Post
    Great another rail shooter.
    Isnt it just.

    Now if only they would put Virtua Cop 1,2 and 3 on a disc for the Wii then I will be a happy sod


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  5. #5
    God Doomsteady's Avatar
    Member #
    64786
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    510
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Consider this
    Sega with there history of kick ass shooters make some THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN PORTED TO A CONSOLE!!
    Now add to that the Wii
    So here are two forgotten Sega Shooters that where so damn good
    Probably due to them being loud and brash
    Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack

    Platform: Wii

    Rating: Teen

    Content descriptors: Violence

    Rating summary:
    This is an arcade-style first-person shooter in which players engage in missions to protect sections of New York and Los Angeles from enemy forces. Players aim targeting crosshairs on dozens of attacking soldiers, robots, missiles, and vehicles that explode when destroyed. Constant gunfire and explosions highlight the frenetic action; zoomed-in camera angles depict multiple projectiles striking the humanoid terrorist enemies.
    Via ESRB

    Yes it is a on the Rails shooter.
    Yes it was bloody good fun.
    Only prob I can see is the lack of oversized gun


    Now about that Panzer Dragoon collection or a SODDING UPDATE!!
    Now I can die in peace. Hours of my life lost in the mall beating this game with my friend.

  6. #6
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,020
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsteady View Post

    Now I can die in peace. Hours of my life lost in the mall beating this game with my friend.
    Not to mention a load of quarters.

    The gripe going round is that big gun not equal to shitty little wiimote
    SIZE DOSE MATTER!!!

    Its like that bit in MIB when whatshisname was showing that bloke from Fresh Prince of Bellair the guns and he game him the Noisy Cricket.
    I WANA BIG GUN
    <Insert sexual innuendo >


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  7. #7
    God Doomsteady's Avatar
    Member #
    64786
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    510
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsteady View Post

    Now I can die in peace. Hours of my life lost in the mall beating this game with my friend.
    Not to mention a load of quarters.

    The gripe going round is that big gun not equal to shitty little wiimote
    SIZE DOSE MATTER!!!

    Its like that bit in MIB when whatshisname was showing that bloke from Fresh Prince of Bellair the guns and he game him the Noisy Cricket.
    I WANA BIG GUN
    <Insert sexual innuendo >
    WAIT! you mean it wont come with the big cheasy plastic gun!?!?!?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT MAKES IT SO FUN!!!

    Still gonna buy it though. VC or Disc?

  8. #8
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,020
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Get the cardboard and sticky back plastic out.

    I assume its coming to a disc soon.


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  9. #9
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,020
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    More info from the horses mouth

    LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (27th April, 2010) — SEGAź Europe Ltd., and SEGAź of America, Inc., today announced Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack™, a double pack of fast-paced machinegun shooter adventures exclusively for the home video game system Wii™. Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack will be in stores late this year.



    Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns has been adapted from the original arcade machine games to make full use of the Wii™ controller. Whilst interacting and shooting on the streets of New York and Los Angeles the Wii Zapper™ compatibility provides even more immersion for the players. Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack also contains new features such as the Chain Combo System which enables even higher scores, and the Unlockable Weapon Toggle which uses game ranking to unlock hidden extras such as wide shot, rapid fire and heavy shot.

    True to the original arcade games, Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns for Wii™ is set in the airspace above some of the United States’ most well-known locations. Players will be able to combat android invaders in New York City with their Gunblade helicopter gunship or take their flying gunship to battle a new force of android enemies in some of America’s most well known locales such as Los Angeles, Alcatraz, Yosemite and Las Vegas.

    Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade will be releasing for the home video game system Wii™ in Summer 2010. For more information please visit www.sega.com. For press assets please visit www.sega-press.com.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REIOTJtqpLY

    Ok it looks like a last last gen game, but who cares ITS FUN!!
    And thats all that counts


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. The alternative to VC downloads **I (and others)attempt to save you some money**
    By DBloke in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
  3. Sega to open a new arcade
    By DBloke in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 06:32 PM
  4. sega superstar tennis interview
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 01:47 PM
  5. Sega unveils Virtual Console titles
    By i0n in forum Wii News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 05:12 PM

Search tags for this page

wii rail shooter new york la

Click on a term to search for related topics.