News of that little talked about new Zelda game
Via Zelda InformerWe all know E3 is right around the corner and we are about to get flooded with more information than anyone can reasonably handle. That being said, sometimes it's fun to ponder on the rumor mill if for nothing more than to discuss the possibilities. If and when the information turns out to be true, it just makes things all the more fun. If it turns out to be false, it still was a fun discussion none the less. That being said, many of you remember the rumors we released back in January that surfaced at the japanese forum 2ch. Well, this time around, more information has been leaked from the same place.
Keep in mind these are just rumors, and are just as likely to be false as they are true. However, 2ch has a history of nailing many rumors right on the head, as was previously explained in January's Rumor Mill. Of course, not everything they say is true... but if they happen to be right about all of the current rumors, I swear I might be willing to father all of their children. So without any more delay, here is what was uncovered:
- Link will be replacing the bow and arrow with a crossbow.
- Game is all but finished. Putting on final touches.
- There will be a playable demo at E3.
- Time travel does occur and it happens through the use of a new blade. (not the master sword)
- Link's hometown is much bigger than in previous titles.
- There will be several "Majora's Mask" esque sidequests.
- Character interaction will be more involving than in any previous title.
- The dungeon field dungeon method is changed, and one of the changes confirms a straight dungeon to dungeon portion of the game.
- The current name of the girl in the picture is Adelle.
- Combat is extremely fluent and innovative. No previous Wii title can give you a good example of it's unique style.
- The game relies heavily on sword combat versus other items.
- There will be less items, but they will be used more frequently.
- There will be another main weapon added for an alternative combat style.
- The game will feature significant portions of flight.
So there you have it. This information was provided to us via email, and as such I cannot confirm the full credibility of the source. However, based on what the previous rumors were and what has been said in interviews in the last year, a lot of it seems highly plausible. We are currently digging for the exact quotes so we can get some re-translations to confirm. Are you excited yet? Zelda Wii gets officially announced on June 15th, 2010.
On a side note, could this be the new main weapon?
WOW! A Wii game thats worth looking out for