ugly=dumdum`s wii
    ugly
    ugly

God's Gift To Canada. FinalRekon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3381-4249-8072-7868
    This kid is probably too young and never got the chance to play the original so there fore, he is just trying to act smart with his words.

Toronto Maple Leafs 2010 - 2011 Regular Season Record
    5-5-3
    Go Leafs Go

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytimes View Post
    You can't come up with shit to say so you are attacking me for implying that you were a child.
    Ok I will take note
    You have no sense of houmor.

Shut the hell up.
    Oh dear
    You know what I am saying.
    Do I?
    Anyone who seriously played Goldeneye 007 has great memories of it and hold those gaming times in high thoughts.
    Yeah there called Nostalgia goggles.
    Its something most people that have been gaming for years suffer from.
    To slap the Goldeneye name on some random shooter is an outrage.
    Hay I know the feeling.
    To slap "Sonic" or "Mario" on a game that is nothing like what they are supposed to be is a outrage its also called "Cashing in" GET USED TO IT!! Its nothing new.

This kid is probably too young and never got the chance to play the original so there fore, he is just trying to act smart with his words.
    To whom are you addressing?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    It is some other Bond game and to call it so is shitting on one of the most iconic FPS games on console as well as everyone's childhood nostalgia.
    >Implying I was a child when it came out
    I know a few really die hard fans of it tat weren't children when it was out
    You can't come up with shit to say so you are attacking me for implying that you were a child. Shut the hell up. You know what I am saying. Anyone who seriously played Goldeneye 007 has great memories of it and hold those gaming times in high thoughts. To slap the Goldeneye name on some random shooter is an outrage.
    Just ignore the game. It was a remake or nothing. If you chose nothing then don't buy or play it and then you'll be no different off.

I loved Goldeneye, I was one of the few people that I knew who actually completed everything in the game and I treasured my '007' cart. I really don't care about tiny details like throwing a grenade with your gun out though because it wasn't those things that made the game so great. It was that it was incredibly fun to play with great level design, so if this remake manages to capture even half of that then I'll be satisfied. If it isn't anywhere near the original then it wont sell and it's no loss to us; as it's not like the release of this game can go and corrupt your old N64 cart in any way.

For anyone who says that this should only be made by Rare, well the Goldeneye Rare team no longer exists. They all left Rare before Perfect Dark was released and ended up forming Free Radical. Then they went under and were bought up by Crytek and now work as Crytek UK. It wouldn't even matter if they did the remake though as the guy responsible for the Goldeneye multiplayer left them in 2009 to form another company, so whoever developed the new game would be using someone else's work.

The only way that Goldeneye would have stayed totally true to the original is if it could have been released on VC. An Xbox Live updated version wouldn't have been the same. Perfect Dark has very little in the way of changes in single player but is a very different game when it comes to multiplayer, as I never recalled things like getting spawn killed 6 times in a row when playing on the N64 version. Any classic that even has a slight update can be drastically changed by it and Goldeneye wouldn't have been any different.

Anyway I'll wait until the game actually releases before declaring it an outrage or a terrible game.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    7741-2336-3285-8870
    Wtf I played the freaking 90 times you think I`m to young!
    ugly=dumdum`s wii
    ugly
    ugly

Member #
    Friends
    Way to suck the tit of the cash cow that is Goldeneye.

Goldeneye is a cash cow?!?

Member #
    Friends
    Interesting responses Prinny. You ask 'why be different?' from all the other shooters out there?

Because Goldeneye was different. It set the standard for FPSs for consoles. Now granted, those standards have been raised and surpassed in recent years, but Goldeneye still chimes with those gamers from the 90s as being one of the most memorable FPSs.

Nostalgia goggles be damned, this remake is destroying everything that made Goldeneye 'Goldeneye'. There's not going to be any uniqueness to it now. I doubt I'm judging too soon from the trailer but I've already seen enough to know and fear the worst.

I'm not going to hold my breath for the GE007 port for VC and XBLA to be released anytime soon. I just wish Nintendo and Microsoft realized that gamers on both sides are willing to pay money for them. This remake is just Nintendo's idea of skirting around the issue. It won't work.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    Because Goldeneye was different. It set the standard for FPSs for consoles. Now granted, those standards have been raised and surpassed in recent years, but Goldeneye still chimes with those gamers from the 90s as being one of the most memorable FPSs.
    Note usage of the word "was" now all the stuff it has done has become the norm.
    Nostalgia goggles be damned, this remake is destroying everything that made Goldeneye 'Goldeneye'. There's not going to be any uniqueness to it now. I doubt I'm judging too soon from the trailer but I've already seen enough to know and fear the worst.
    Remember that "Cash-In" I keep mentioning?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Remember that "Cash-In" I keep mentioning?
    Yeah, I guess that's all this game is then. I honestly hope it fails and Nintendo realizes their mistake. Just give us Rare's game and leave us in peace.

Member #
    Friends
    Out of all this, no one's mentioned the REAL reason why GoldenEye will fail on the Wii: that sort of game just does not sell well on the Wii. The players who want that sort of experience play those games on the 360 or PS3.

Ads