Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Rare have gone shit. Look at there last few games.
    Activision don't have access to the original games source code so have to rebuild it from the ground up.
    Rare still own the rights to the N64 game
    Even the most rabid Rare fanboy agrees to this, and I am saddened what they have become under Microsoft but they should just scrap this garbage and get both parties back to the negotiation table.
    . . . I think even the new games are under rated. I'm not looking forward to their project working with Kinect, but I quite liked Nuts & Bolts and even Viva Pinata...which is strange because the premise for Viva Pinata is the gayest thing since homosexuality. But it's rather addicting. I also recently picked up Kameo which I heard was a great 360 launch title though I haven't gotten to play it yet.

At any rate, I really do think you need to wait for more footage before passing judgment. You never know, perhaps there will be a "Classic Mode" with no regenerating health etc.

I rather blame all three, Microsoft for reducing Rare to Kinect and Avatar making, Activision for being greedy and seeing where to make a quick buck, and Nintendo for allegedly not allowing the first GE007 deal to go through.
    Now THAT is something I can agree with. I love Microsoft but really? Kinect Sports? F*** you...I want MY Rare back.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
    I also recently picked up Kameo which I heard was a great 360 launch title though I haven't gotten to play it yet.

At any rate, I really do think you need to wait for more footage before passing judgment. You never know, perhaps there will be a "Classic Mode" with no regenerating health etc.

I rather blame all three, Microsoft for reducing Rare to Kinect and Avatar making, Activision for being greedy and seeing where to make a quick buck, and Nintendo for allegedly not allowing the first GE007 deal to go through.
    I bought Kameo when we got our 360. I really wasn't impressed, it's a fairly run of the mill platformer and it feels like it throws you into the game midway through the story. It was ok for $5 though.

There is still a way for Microsoft to release Goldeneye on the 360. All they would need to do is remove any signs of the James Bond name and change the character likeness; then they could release it under another name. The only stake that Nintendo could ever claim in the game is that they published it and that they paid for the Goldeneye license which Rare used on the N64. Rare own the actual level designs (which is why they are included in Perfect Dark), so if they made the changes I don't see any reason why they couldn't release it. I would have thought that they could have pushed for the entire game too, but it probably would have cost a lot, more than they would make in profit (PD got pretty poor sales on 360 despite people claiming it was where 'all the fans had gone'). Ergo, Microsoft didn't see enough $'s floating around to pursue it further. Not that they had too much interest to start with, as they did say that Goldeneye wasn't the type of game they wanted on Live back in 2006.

Must be great for Activision though. All they had to do was sit back and wait for the big N or MS to come calling with a big cheque and pow!, there's the exclusive Goldeneye remake.

If anyone is really distraught over the Goldeneye remake there is an easy quick fix for you. Go buy Perfect Dark on the 360, it features some of the multiplayer levels from Goldeneye, so you can get a taste of the original there (kind of).
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Go buy Perfect Dark on the 360, it features some of the multiplayer levels from Goldeneye, so you can get a taste of the original there (kind of).
    If anything at all Perfect Dark Zero was utter crap and was pretty much the Goldeneye Rogue Agent type of fiasco.

PD XBLA is going to be the closest Goldeneye on the 360 will be for now since we have three classic maps and several classic GE007 weapons so it feels, looks, and plays EXACTLY how a remake should have been done for the game.

It'd be nice if MS and Rare pushed to include the rest of GE007 into the Xbox but given their focus on the whole Kinect garbage I'm not getting my hopes up.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    If anything at all Perfect Dark Zero was utter crap and was pretty much the Goldeneye Rogue Agent type of fiasco.

PD XBLA is going to be the closest Goldeneye on the 360 will be for now since we have three classic maps and several classic GE007 weapons so it feels, looks, and plays EXACTLY how a remake should have been done for the game.

It'd be nice if MS and Rare pushed to include the rest of GE007 into the Xbox but given their focus on the whole Kinect garbage I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Perfect Dark Zero wasn't that bad, not great but i've played worse games. I think it was about the best game that Rare have released for Microsoft, although I haven't played Banjo or Viva Pinata. It is sad how far the studio has fallen though, now reduced to working on crappy Wii Sports knock offs for Kinect.

The Perfect Dark XBLA port was obviously what I was talking about, but to be honest i'd be a little disapointed if Goldeneye had received the same treatment. The campaign is identical to the original and was great as ever but it was the multiplayer that fell short for me. I was really excited to start with, then got spawn killed 6 times before my character could even move and then the game ended. I thought 'well that sucked', but maybe it was just that match. So I tried again but the next game was not much different with me being spawn killed 4 times at the start, although I did get to move around and actually kill some people near the end. I played a few more times and the same thing happened to varying degress, a couple of games played out fine but the spawn killing kept rearing its ugly head. I rarely experienced the same kind of spawn killing in the original game, so I could only put it down to there being more players in the XBLA version and that they were camping out at the respawn points. That killed the multiplayer for me and I haven't touched it since. It certainly wasn't half as much fun as the N64 one was, but maybe I just had a bad experience and other peoples may have been more positive.

I think the only place we would have seen a perfect Goldeneye port would have been the Wii's VC. An XBLA Goldeneye wouldn't have been the same as the one I played on the N64, although I'd have bought it for the single player. As for the multiplayer, I really wouldn't have been any more excited for that than I am for this Wii remake, in fact I'm looking forward to Goldeneye Wii multiplayer more (even it had no resemblance to the original) just for the fact it supports both classic controllers and the remote.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    I think the only place we would have seen a perfect Goldeneye port would have been the Wii's VC. An XBLA Goldeneye wouldn't have been the same as the one I played on the N64, although I'd have bought it for the single player.
    Doubtful. PD XBLA plays and looks just fine, especially since it's in HD and runs faster than it ever did on the N64 (minus the explosions update to make it closer to the 64 version, the smoke seems to make it lag again).

I'd just buy GE007 XBLA for the single player as well, especially for the cheats to unlock. We all know PD and GE007 didn't have online in the first place, so it's not too surprising one would be spawnkilled often. The game is best played with friends in a room or with custom matches with a party.

Member #
    Friends
    Doubtful. PD XBLA plays and looks just fine, especially since it's in HD and runs faster than it ever did on the N64 (minus the explosions update to make it closer to the 64 version, the smoke seems to make it lag again).

I'd just buy GE007 XBLA for the single player as well, especially for the cheats to unlock. We all know PD and GE007 didn't have online in the first place, so it's not too surprising one would be spawnkilled often. The game is best played with friends in a room or with custom matches with a party.
    I haven't played local multiplayer on PD yet, partly due to only owning 1 controller. If it does play as well as the original in local then I'd almost think about buying some more, as the single player campaign was great. It was just the online that left me cold, so I'd imagined that a Goldeneye port would be the same online (hence playing online being a different experience to the original).

I wish that they'd made some changes to the online for PD, like changed the levels or something to help accomodate the increased player numbers. Then again if it had been Goldeneye and they did that then it would be the same as it being the Wii remake; so I guess it would be impossible to satisfy everyone.

Member #
    Friends
    Lo and behold I actually have something relevant to this thread topic:

Article here

I'm really digging that last part in the interview, "the console it's supposed to be on".

As far as I'm concerned they practically stated why shooters don't do well on the Wii so why bother with this one? Prinny was right on this, definintly in it to make a quick buck just on the name alone.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-5590-3447-6777
    I am 100% positive that once it releases, there will be those that wished they had just taken Rare's Goldeneye007 game and just updated the graphics. That's what we all wanted in the first place when it was in development for both consoles before shutting down, that's what we still want today.

This remake is an utter atrocity. It's a slap in the face to Rare and Nintendo should be ashamed at how it even looks. Aiming Down Sights? Auto-Regen health? No, that is not Goldeneye. They're just Call of Dutifying their best selling FPS since Perfect Dark.

Look at Perfect Dark XBLA. That is how you release a decade old game, that had reasonable success and sales (some $2 million dollars in sales in two months is not shabby).

You update the graphics, add online functionality, and that is it. You touch NOTHING else.

Rare's Goldeneye 007 will always reign supreme. I'll bet there won't even be cheats or speed runs in this one. Enjoy your re-made shooter that will rape your childhood folks!
    I have to disagree with you. Perfect dark for the N64 was much better than 360's perfect dark zero. I hated perfect dark zero, there was nothing fun about it. And you can't talk bad about a game that didn't even come out yet. just becuase a game got alot of sales doesn't mean it's good lol. There could have been alot of people buying it, then when they take it home they realize how lame it is and take it back. I think the game looks good.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-5590-3447-6777
    They're not even including the original multiplayer maps. I honestly wish they'd just toss the whole game in the garbage and just get Rare to have 4J Studios finish porting Goldeneye007 to both consoles.
    Blame Microsoft. They could have stepped up and got this as an Xbox exclusive but obviously Nintendo beat them to the punch and made a better offer to Activision. It would have been really easy for them too as they could have provided the original source code.
    I just blame microsoft for being retarted, they can't even make good software for computers let alone trash consoles. why can't bill gates just drop dead already, that would make my day. Why would you blame nintendo, they had the game way before the box came out. you sound like a 360 fanboy to me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ndragon13 View Post

I have to disagree with you. Perfect dark for the N64 was much better than 360's perfect dark zero. I hated perfect dark zero, there was nothing fun about it. And you can't talk bad about a game that didn't even come out yet. just becuase a game got alot of sales doesn't mean it's good lol. There could have been alot of people buying it, then when they take it home they realize how lame it is and take it back. I think the game looks good.
    ...Not disagreeing with what you said at all. Perhaps if you read more you'd note I absolutely hated PD: Zero as well and like to deny it even existed. Of course the N64 version is superior, anyone could have seen that. MS rushed Rare to complete it (was supposed to be out on the Gamecube as I recall) and Rare made a ton of stupid design decisions.

And no, not exactly a 360 fanboy. I don't have a Wii, I'm just here to say how much this re-make is going to fail because it's not Rare's Goldeneye007. Microsoft didn't really have any part in the failure to port the original over to the 360 and Wii. Most sources point to Nintendo for that. Get your facts straight.

I don't care that it's going to be Wii exclusive, I wouldn't want any part of this to be on the 360 anyway. I'm just angry how it's destroying the original GE007 and everything that made it great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Ads