LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

The Goldeneye Remake WILL Fail

I am 100% positive that once it releases, there will be those that wished they had just taken Rare's Goldeneye007 game and just updated the graphics. That's what we all wanted in the first place when it was in development for both consoles before shutting down, that's what we still want today.

This remake is an utter atrocity. It's a slap in the face to Rare and Nintendo should be ashamed at how it even looks. Aiming Down Sights? Auto-Regen health? No, that is not Goldeneye. They're just Call of Dutifying their best selling FPS since Perfect Dark.

Look at Perfect Dark XBLA. That is how you release a decade old game, that had reasonable success and sales (some $2 million dollars in sales in two months is not shabby).

You update the graphics, add online functionality, and that is it. You touch NOTHING else.

Rare's Goldeneye 007 will always reign supreme. I'll bet there won't even be cheats or speed runs in this one. Enjoy your re-made shooter that will rape your childhood folks!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    You know fanboys moan when they dont get what they want then they moan when they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    I am 100% positive that once it releases, there will be those that wished they had just taken Rare's Goldeneye007 game and just updated the graphics. That's what we all wanted in the first place when it was in development for both consoles before shutting down, that's what we still want today.
    Rare have gone shit. Look at there last few games.
    Activision don't have access to the original games source code so have to rebuild it from the ground up.
    Rare still own the rights to the N64 game
    This remake is an utter atrocity. It's a slap in the face to Rare and Nintendo should be ashamed at how it even looks.
    Why care about how it looks?
    Aiming Down Sights?
    Yep like when sinping in the N64 one
    Auto-Regen health?
    Welcome to recent FPS'
    You must be new
    No, that is not Goldeneye.
    Welcome to branding
    You must be new
    They're just Call of Dutifying their best selling FPS since Perfect Dark.
    Since of before?

Look at Perfect Dark XBLA. That is how you release a decade old game, that had reasonable success and sales (some $2 million dollars in sales in two months is not shabby).
    Thats because they had the source code at hand and tweaked it.
    Major problem with it is its DL only

You update the graphics, add online functionality, and that is it. You touch NOTHING else.
    But then still people complain.
    You want a decent remake. Try King of Fighters 98 - Ultimate match.
    A remake to somebody like me is more of the same, but with loads of extras and the original mode so we can play that as well

Rare's Goldeneye 007 will always reign supreme. I'll bet there won't even be cheats or speed runs in this one. Enjoy your re-made shooter that will rape your childhood folks!
    Ill say this
    Try playing GoldenEye now
    Its not as good as you remember as it has been surpassed a load of times

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I think you are too quick to judge this from a 60 second video.. i cant wait to play bond online, i mean i already do on steam but this will be better!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    You know fanboys moan when they dont get what they want then they moan when they do.
    I'm only angry at the direction the game is going in. It's going to be generic like every other shooter.
    Rare have gone shit. Look at there last few games.
    Activision don't have access to the original games source code so have to rebuild it from the ground up.
    Rare still own the rights to the N64 game
    Even the most rabid Rare fanboy agrees to this, and I am saddened what they have become under Microsoft but they should just scrap this garbage and get both parties back to the negotiation table.
    Why care about how it looks?
    The graphics look fine, I don't like the Call of Duty style Aiming down Sights. You say you can do the same with a sniper rifle in GE 64 but there's a difference, that's just zooming in with the crosshair. Manual aiming in PD XBLA is fine (well it's fine now that they put in Manual Aiming Sensitivity) and shouldn't change, especially since it's going on the Wii.

But then still people complain.
    I wouldn't complain ,and Rare's fanbase wouldn't complain.

Ill say this
    Try playing GoldenEye now
    Its not as good as you remember as it has been surpassed a load of times
    People still remember GE 007. While this may pay some homages to Rare, especially with the beginning of the Dam level, it's not going to be the same game. This game is highly likely not to have any speed runs (check youtube, there's still videos put out for GE007 and Perfect Dark for speed runs/cheats, etc. ) or cheats, and the cheats alone, IMO, gave tons of replayability for both games.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady41 View Post
    I'm only angry at the direction the game is going in. It's going to be generic like every other shooter.
    But as we know.
    All these newer shooters are the same. So why be different?
    Even the most rabid Rare fanboy agrees to this, and I am saddened what they have become under Microsoft but they should just scrap this garbage and get both parties back to the negotiation table.
    Unlikey
    Nintendo are awkward

The graphics look fine, I don't like the Call of Duty style Aiming down Sights. You say you can do the same with a sniper rifle in GE 64 but there's a difference, that's just zooming in with the crosshair. Manual aiming in PD XBLA is fine (well it's fine now that they put in Manual Aiming Sensitivity) and shouldn't change, especially since it's going on the Wii.
    I must point out that its on Wii so controlls and things will change
    I wouldn't complain ,and Rare's fanbase wouldn't complain.
    They will.
    They will complain that it wont be the same without a N64 controller
    People still remember GE 007. While this may pay some homages to Rare, especially with the beginning of the Dam level, it's not going to be the same game. This game is highly likely not to have any speed runs (check youtube, there's still videos put out for GE007 and Perfect Dark for speed runs/cheats, etc. ) or cheats, and the cheats alone, IMO, gave tons of replayability for both games.
    As the poster above you said.
    "I think you are too quick to judge this from a 60 second video.. i cant wait to play bond online, i mean i already do on steam but this will be better!"
    It is hard to fully criticise a 60 second clip of something that is a work in progress

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    As there was practically no chance of Goldeneye ever reaching the VC or Xbox Live then this is the next best alternative. If you don't like the alternative then don't buy it. Then you'll be exactly the same as you was before, so no loss.

Basically it was this or nothing, so i'll take this remake over nothing any day.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Rocket Sauce Spokesperson SatanicJay's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1970-9340-9837-0374
    +9000 LOLz...
    Sigi Saki, Sigi Saki- Oi oi oi!!

Member #
    Friends
    Nah, **** this. I have been a Rare follower now for 15 years and this is garbage. Way to suck the tit of the cash cow that is Goldeneye. This is going to be Rogue Agent all over again. This is just pathetic. Daniel Craig in Goldeneye?! What! I don't care if it is because of legal issues. That's obviously a sign that it shouldn't happen. Rare's Godleneye XBLA should be the only thing with the title Goldeneye in it to be released. Enough said. Half of these people that will be getting this game are ignorant gamers that think it is going to be the same game. Throwing grenades while having a gun out!? Zooming in while moving!? What the hell is this. This is not Goldeneye. It is some other Bond game and to call it so is shitting on one of the most iconic FPS games on console as well as everyone's childhood nostalgia.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytimes View Post
    It is some other Bond game and to call it so is shitting on one of the most iconic FPS games on console as well as everyone's childhood nostalgia.
    >Implying I was a child when it came out
    I know a few really die hard fans of it tat weren't children when it was out

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytimes View Post
    It is some other Bond game and to call it so is shitting on one of the most iconic FPS games on console as well as everyone's childhood nostalgia.
    >Implying I was a child when it came out
    I know a few really die hard fans of it tat weren't children when it was out
    You can't come up with shit to say so you are attacking me for implying that you were a child. Shut the hell up. You know what I am saying. Anyone who seriously played Goldeneye 007 has great memories of it and hold those gaming times in high thoughts. To slap the Goldeneye name on some random shooter is an outrage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads