+ Reply to Thread
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164

Iwata wants Wii 2 to surprise you

Nintendo has already confirmed that development of the Wii 2 is well underway. But don’t expect any more information than that for quite some time, as president Satoru Iwata has told investors that the silence to ensure that the mystery tech will be a surprise.
    “We are of course studying and developing the next console to Wii,” he stated. “However, there is a big difference between studying a product and announcing what it is and when we will release it.
    “I am afraid to say that the history of entertainment is also the history of imitation. A great idea will promptly be copied unless protected through patents. At the same time, it is really important for our business to positively surprise people. Will you be surprised by our completed product if we told you how it is surprising three years in advance?
    “Therefore, we basically disclose information on our products as late as possible. We believe this is the best approach for the entertainment products we are developing. Again, we are planning the next products for Nintendo's continuous growth, but we cannot tell you what, when and how we will release it here. Thank you for your understanding.”
    Link

It better not be a download only thing with the games

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    i think nintendo knows the psp go was a poor 'idea' meaning, solely downloadable software for the same exspensive price as the hardware "discs or umd" i heard it was gonna feature virtual reality, probably a lie but that would be neat.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-5590-3447-6777
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Nintendo has already confirmed that development of the Wii 2 is well underway. But don’t expect any more information than that for quite some time, as president Satoru Iwata has told investors that the silence to ensure that the mystery tech will be a surprise.
    “We are of course studying and developing the next console to Wii,” he stated. “However, there is a big difference between studying a product and announcing what it is and when we will release it.
    “I am afraid to say that the history of entertainment is also the history of imitation. A great idea will promptly be copied unless protected through patents. At the same time, it is really important for our business to positively surprise people. Will you be surprised by our completed product if we told you how it is surprising three years in advance?
    “Therefore, we basically disclose information on our products as late as possible. We believe this is the best approach for the entertainment products we are developing. Again, we are planning the next products for Nintendo's continuous growth, but we cannot tell you what, when and how we will release it here. Thank you for your understanding.”
    Link

It better not be a download only thing with the games
    I wouldn't mind if it was download only. Discs are old news anyways. I would want HD for the next nintendo console though! I hope they wait until 2012 or later though! I'm not even close to done with my wii, I will never be done with my wii, I'm keeping it forever along with my snes!
    I went to Wiiso .com this place is lame and noone chats here anymore! Good bye. meet me at wiiso, it's better!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    that got my interest, if only a tease but at least it seems they won't be rehashing the same thing ...

Member #
    Friends
    3184-0615-6978-1525
    actually, i think the idea of the psp go was poor, some people hate the idea of downloading it off the internet or from their ps3
    ~~~~ONLINE~~~~
    IM A FIRIN MY LAZZAH!!!!!!!!!
    ssbb fc:0904-6185-6806
    Mario vs. DK: Minis march again fc:1205-6940-3018
    WarioWare DIY:4512-8096-9684
    I also have WarioWare DIY Showcase
    Wii FC: to ur left
    http://digimonvspokemon.forumotion.com/

Member #
    Friends
    I hope its not downloading, i mean Wii already has a space issue and i dont see nintendo adding enough HD space to compensate for all the games available to download... I know i dont want to have a bunch of different SD cards with games.. What if you want to let your friend borrow a game?? It will most likely be locked down on the console it was purchased on like VC.

PSP go was horrible... my brother has one and wants to trade for my 1st gen PSP only because kingdom hearts is going to be UMD only.

I hope "Wii 2" is HD but if its not then its no big deal Nintendo has already shown that they can make great looking games in 480p but i would like to see it in HD.

Ads