+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Get your shit fixed, because I don't know what latency you are
    referring to.
    You have my sympathy, since you claim to be a FPS gamer. Plenty of people have concurred with the observation that the Wiimote's motion/angle reckoning has lag. The only argument left is why.

[I have an amazing idea, switch the hand that the wiimote/nunchuk are in.
    And this fixes what? In my capacity as a left-hander, I have two choices. Control the analog stick (nunchuk) with my left hand - which feels natural since that's how it's been done for almost a decade - and try to get used to fine aiming/slicing/etc. with my offhand (I've tried. It's not happening.) Or switch them around and now be saddled with trying to control movement with my offhand. There is no good solution, and in my estimation the two choices are so identically bad that I could pretty much switch between both every 30 minutes and the experience wouldn't be any worse. As you can hopefully recognize, the choice is very easy for a right-hander, and of course I imagine it's quite comfortable.

Member #
    Friends
    gamecube version isn't going to be fun at all the wiimote makes the game fun

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmino
    This is not easy to answer. Have you ever played a RPG that let you control the rotation of the (third person) camera, but only in one direction - opposite of how you like? That's sort of how I feel using the Wiimote/chuck combo.

I would say I am used to performing all the fine control with my left thumb (I do happen to be left-handed) and less precise tasks (buttons, camera) with my right. But the Wiimote demands two left hands if I want the same level of control. I can't figure out which hand to use to hold which stick. This is a problem right-handers are not likely to encounter. They'll be using their right hand for the Wiimote for 100% of their games, and it is no transition at all for them to place that nunchuck's thumb pad in their left hand since they've been doing that for years. In essence, what the control scheme demands from me is tantamount to learning to use a mouse (with equal effectiveness) with my non-primary hand. This is difficult, uncomfortable, and - in light of how it could have been solved with the same controller support that the GC version will have - stupid.
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm also a lefty and the first time I played a Wii, I was constantly switching hands with the controller. I had no idea which was better. After a couple of days, I finally got a somewhat natural feel for it and after a full week, I've forgotten I've even had any problems with it. it just feels good. Basically, just keep trying. You'll get the right feel for it eventually.

Ads