LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This game is a lot different then the other tony hawk games. It is mainly just races instead of high scores and stuff like that. The only real character is Tony Hawk. The other characters are just made up people with odd personalities. I'm planning on getting this game when I get the Wii, but I know a lot about it because I've done a lot of research. The tricks are oversimplified and you can land a lot more tricks than you should be able to. For instance, you won't fall if you end a grab trick a little too close to the ground, unlike the other Tony Hawk games -- you will go down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It said , this morning, on GamerTV, that downhill jam is EXCLUSIVE to wii, is this true? It seems kidna weird cos its usually rather popular one Playstation etc.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    No, that's not true. They also have Downhill Jam on the DS and on Gameboy Advance, but as far as 3rd-gen video games it is exclusive.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by EK987
    This game is a lot different then the other tony hawk games. It is mainly just races instead of high scores and stuff like that. The only real character is Tony Hawk. The other characters are just made up people with odd personalities. I'm planning on getting this game when I get the Wii, but I know a lot about it because I've done a lot of research. The tricks are oversimplified and you can land a lot more tricks than you should be able to. For instance, you won't fall if you end a grab trick a little too close to the ground, unlike the other Tony Hawk games -- you will go down.
    Yeah, the tricks are WAY oversimplified...that's what I liked about the other games...having to have skill to pull off big combos. I personally think it sucks...I love the other ones, though.

I bought it, played it once, and sold it on ebay for retail.

Member #
    Friends
    it's true about how you can land almost everything. The better you land the more speed you'll retain/gain then if you would land facing perpendicular to the track

I'm telling you though it's realy just griding from one wall, to a roof, to a power line, to a bus, to the sidewalk... (on and on and on)

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

WiiChat Member inthearmsofsleep's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam is the most addictive game I've ever played on the DS, next to Tony Hawk's American Sk8land... but I'm not sure how the Wii version is. I assume it's just as fun and addictive, but with better controls, better graphics, and a deeper experience.

Ads