Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    Yeah, true. but he's a gamer, not a person that rates games for a living and stops appreciating them IMO. I take normal gamers' opinions to heart just as with reviewers.
    I agree. Reviewers have likes and dislikes too, and these will inevitably effect scores which unjustly effects sales. Some of the best and most helpful reviews are from other gamers (rather than reviewers), whom are into a particular genre. If you're a FPS fan, but a reviewer isn't, he isn't going to appreciate all the things that you do.

Take this for example: Zelda negative review

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I agree. Reviewers have likes and dislikes too, and these will inevitably effect scores which unjustly effects sales. Some of the best and most helpful reviews are from other gamers (rather than reviewers), whom are into a particular genre. If you're a FPS fan, but a reviewer isn't, he isn't going to appreciate all the things that you do.

Take this for example: Zelda negative review
    I think that more gamers pay attention to what professional reviewers say rather than some random gamer. But to each their own I guess.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    I think that more gamers pay attention to what professional reviewers say rather than some random gamer. But to each their own I guess.
    Yup. And you've just illustrated the origin of "hype".

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Yup. And you've just illustrated the origin of "hype".
    Dude, do you even know what you say half the time? Let's see... a man that comes across pretty much every video game released on every console.... or a gamer that is most likely bias towards one platform. I know who I will trust more... but you can listen to the lonely bias gamer and have fun buying shit games. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Member #
    Friends
    0496-9037-0480-5253
    yea i bought red steel becuse of the 4 player gameplay it has to offer i can only see fun out of that, but on another note it really hasnt impressed me much, its ok to me just expected more out of it. But im going to continue playing it and see if my thoughts change

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Dude, do you even know what you say half the time? Let's see... a man that comes across pretty much every video game released on every console.... or a gamer that is most likely bias towards one platform. I know who I will trust more... but you can listen to the lonely bias gamer and have fun buying shit games. Let me know how it works out for ya.
    Yes, "hype" is because people put soo much faith in what reviewers say, and it ends up being either better (underhyped) or worse (overhyped). I don't buy "shit" games, I'm a gamer that thinks for myself, rather than allowing a person I have no connection with dictate what I buy and what I play. I've got a large selection of games of what I like.

Oh, and let's not forget that the gamer (The one whom I would take note of anyway) is more of a peer and would therefore appreciate games in a similar fashion to yourself - especially if it's a friend.

Don't get me wrong, I take the comments of the flaws of a game very seriously, it's just that I'd prefer to experience it first hand to see if it really does detract from the overall experience.
    Last edited by Squall7; 12-02-2006 at 10:04 AM.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Don't get me wrong, I take the comments of the flaws of a game very seriously, it's just that I'd prefer to experience it first hand to see if it really does detract from the overall experience.
    I think that goes as a given for any serious gamer. But I will tell you right now, there has been VERY few games that got terrible scores across the board that I can truly say had a lasting appeal on me. These professionals aren't around for nothing.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    These professionals aren't around for nothing.
    You're right. They're there to get paid for their opinions. Key word: opinion. Relying on somebody you've never met's opinion over a friend's opinion (whom presumably knows you better, and what you like) is a little strange to me. Half the time, the reviewer and the friend will be in argreement of what's a good game and what isn't, but when they disagree, I think it's better to listen to the person who knows you best.

Member #
    Friends
    I've read a few reviews now where people have given the game a second go, after scoring it bad, only to praise it. See what turns people off it is the that controls aren't the usual 'bash the button' method. Once you get used to it, it's said the game rocks. And i also read that if you place your sensor bar in the wrong position and can out the aiming off, so it's best to move the sensor bar around a bit until you find that sweet spot. Even if the bar is placed perfectly for other games.

Member #
    Friends
    6258-4013-0776-5311
    Does the controller really jump around randomly? Because in the videos I saw the pointer looked kind of Jumpy.

Oh yeah, and are there ragdoll physics in the game? Because that would just plain rock.

Add me please, I need friends on my Wii. Just PM me if you add me so I can add you back. Thanks.

Ads