LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I was WRONG about Redsteel

I admit it. I jumped to an early conclusion about Redsteel. About the gameplay, about the control, and about the graphics.
    After playing about 45 minutes, I was embarrassed to have spent 50 bucks on it, I thought the graphics were about N64 quality, and that the controls were wretchedly unplayable.
    WELL.......
    It's just not true. I said I would come back and apologize for jumping the gun, so here I am. I am now thoroughly addicted to the damn game, and keep wanting to turn it back on and play until I beat it. SO THERE.
    All the reviews that say the controls suck just haven't played it to the point of getting used to it. Once you do, it's fun, sweaty-palmed madness.

I think the problem stems from the fact that you have to keep your remote in a fairly small, tight 'box' while playing. If you move your arms or hands too much, and the pointer accidentally goes 'outside the box', your character may point wildly at the ceiling and/or spin uncontrollably. You basically have to keep your arms fairly still and keep things 'focused' well on the screen to keep control. Once this is mastered, things go pretty smoothly and game really does rock.

Also, the graphics, while starting out mystifyingly boring and bland, get inclreasingly more impressive as the game goes on, I was pretty stunned at some of the scenery and level design as I progressed.

I'm now about 8 hours into it, and would give it a Solid A-

I learned my 'judging too soon' lesson, OK?!?! Now everyone give this game a solid shot, cause it's worth it.
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4349-5913-7477-4059
    yeah i played it for 14% in the game but was too taken by twilight princess. looks cool but i just don't like the mad pointer, jumping for no reason

WiiChats Offical Druggie ilovemywii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    had thoughts about getting it but most of the reviews sucked so I didnt get it
    I'll rent it and see how it is for myself...if I like it I'll probally get if for christmas

Smoke two blunts then I smoke one more, go to the store then I buy five more.
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 1719-1351-3665 PM me if u add me
    SSBB Friend Code: 3909-7219-4799 PM if u add

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    See, and you've decided to actually try out a game instead of ranting upon what OTHER people think about it. I am quite impressed.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    See, and you've decided to actually try out a game instead of ranting upon what OTHER people think about it. I am quite impressed.
    word.

10,000 fists is the shit.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    That's great. I preordered a copy and was a little miffed at some of the reviews on it. Not that I trust other people's opinions when it comes to films and games (at least not reviewers persectives - they always have biases and never account for anyone else's tastes). I'm glad that more people are liking it though, as it kinda makes me think that it will be a good purchase.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    *goes to show your opinion to my brother who only buys things according to ratings*

WiiOwner since June 2007. SSBB Fan Forever.

Forgotten but always remembered... o_O

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyKirby
    *goes to show your opinion to my brother who only buys things according to ratings*
    But technically isn't this Transfixed opinion which is esentially a rating? And concidering he doesn't rate video games for a living... his opinion is less credible than a person that does this over 8 hours a day.

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    Im about 60% through now and the controls are finally becoming comfortable, but the game itself is still a little thin. It's just very repetitive and the AI is awful. I'm not saying that the game is not fun, just getting a little dull now. I think a good question to ask yourself is would the game still hold up if you were playing it with a standard game pad or Mouse/keyboard combo? I think if it were out for PC or any other platform with a conventional control set it would be a throwaway title getting little or no attention.

ScuzzBuster
    Old Skool Gaming

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    But technically isn't this Transfixed opinion which is esentially a rating? And concidering he doesn't rate video games for a living... his opinion is less credible than a person that does this over 8 hours a day.
    Yeah, true. but he's a gamer, not a person that rates games for a living and stops appreciating them IMO. I take normal gamers' opinions to heart just as with reviewers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads