Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i aint the best at typing lol sorry

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    I don't mind that Red Steel is a little buggy, Excite Truck is a little lacking, CoD3 has no online play.. just because Nintendo stuck to their guns in saying "These titles will be released with the launch" and kept true to their word. Just look the GCN with barely any third party support just because they delayed the system so long. I think Nintendo knows what its doing right now. And hey, WiiConnect24 is used for Updates, Im sure they will figure out a way to throw some game updates on there.

Member #
    Friends
    A few thoughts...

first, I wouldnt doubt that nintendo is delaying a lot of their titles, metroid, ssbb, mario, so that they will have a steady influx of games well into 2007. What really killed the gamecube was the vaccuum of good games after its launch. Nintendo is probably making sure that doesnt happen again. I for one have no complaints as long as they 1) add onlline play to metroid 2) make ssbb better than ssbm (and not just online play) 3) make mario a true revoution.

second, Most of the games that are out right now suffer from the same problems as first gen games on the 360 and ps3. The problem is that these days, consoles are not so different from each other in every new generation that making ports is impossible. Porting a snes game as an N64 launch title would have been outrageous. Porting a pc/ps2 game as a 360 title, much more feasible. This is a result of diminishing returns on video game technology. We've hit a point where technology is good enough for us to create believable game worlds and great gameplay elements. As a result, every new console launch will see its share of crappy ports of last gen games that are patched together with next gen support. the 360 had call of duty 2, king kong, tons of ported sports games. Wii has marvel ultimate alliance, monkeyball 2, open season (a big wtf there) and zelda. The list consumes the bulk of the launch titles. and while some of these are good (zelda and call of duty 2). Others turn out to be awkward. Super monkey ball...

third, you do make a good point. A bunch of wii games are lacking features. I think this is in part due to the fact that the wii is an unfinished system. Nintendo focused a lot on bringing the wiimote functionality out as a complete package that they've skimped on the other features (online, storage, etc) either purposely or because they ran out of time. However, if you've played any wii games or toyed around with a system, you'll realize how much untapped potential the wii has. The wiimote has not been tapped, wiiconnect24 hasnt been touched, online play hasnt been looked at, even the channel system has tons of room for improvement. While I doubt the wii could fail at this point, whether it becomes a smashing it or a step in the right direction is up to nintendo. They've built a great system. Now they just need to use it to its full potential

Member #
    Friends
    Honestly I dought many/if any launch games will be patched to support online play.

They are launch games and the wave has passed, even if it was a great online patch I'm sure the sales would only gradualy go up, and just for a few days - the developers know that and for this reason they are more than likely working on their new games rather then fixing their soon to be half-dead ones

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake
    no but i read reviews and look at what content it has, and hear ppl who have wiis or played it, it just feels this might be the strongest launch for nintendos console for a while, just a weak launch up of games incept for zelda which is a port, and i said my thoughts thats all

It looks like you have thoughts you would like to express, but I cannot read them?

yeah sure
    No I dont have opinions because I haven't played them.

In my experience, I do not trust reviews, or even opinions of close friends as I have my own tastes and find that 1 half of reviews are fanboys and the other biased towards other consoles/games.

Can you read that?

Member #
    Friends
    i didnt say the games was not good i said they seem rushed with the lack of content, and if you read properly it wasnt me saying i couldnt read but then again i aint that good at reading

Member #
    Friends
    i didnt say the games was not good i said they seem rushed with the lack of content, and if you read properly it wasnt me saying i couldnt read but then again i aint that good at reading
    no but i read reviews and look at what content it has, and hear ppl who have wiis or played it, it just feels this might be the strongest launch for nintendos console for a while, just a weak launch up of games incept for zelda which is a port, and i said my thoughts thats all

It looks like you have thoughts you would like to express, but I cannot read them?

yeah sure
    Ok.

Anyway, I don't judge how good content is or isn't until I have played them myself. Same goes for controls/graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    2913-6550-9284-2410
    nintendo have made these games specificly to sell with the wii, they are crap games that are cheap to make and design and then they sell them for full price at launch so desperate wii-ers like us will buy them. just wait for ssbb mp3 and the mario games. i would'nt buy anything else
    Strikers FC: 043052 232782

Member #
    Friends
    u hear many problems with the xbox360 and the the ps3 but ninendo takes time to perfect there work

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    please dot dis the wii it will make it crii and be sad!@

Ads