Goldeneye 368263462467

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    It all goes back to George Bush... Lmfao.

The pricing of games is definitely tricky business... Nobody wants to pay $60, and games could definitely still succeed in regards to profits if they killed the price back to $50, but they sure as shit won't. Price creeps are the name of the game in products with such a demand. But at the same time, as mentioned, some games do have ridiculously high budgets, so that $60 is justified.

But DLC on the other hand, I have a problem with, particularly disc-unlocked shit or things that could of been put on the disc. Assassin's Creed multiplayer DLC is the key example; I don't remember nor give a damn how much it costs, but you have to pay to download special characters. And AC multiplayer ain't no fighter like Marvel V. Capcom, new characters are nothing more than new skins (some extra voice clips in Revelations); that's it. All these extra characters do the same moves as a certain already in-game character, they just have a different appearance. I'm not ****in' paying for that.

'Course, some DLC is done right; Rockstar knows how. Red Dead Redemption for example, has the best ****ing DLC ever, no question. For $5, you get Left 4 Dead gameplay for multiplayer and roughly three hours of main story missions for one of the DLCs (Undead Nightmare), and another 5~ hours on top of that if you want to do everything the game gives you (which isn't just a bunch of collectables; ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!). For $10 more, you get other DLC stuff that adds gameplay modes to multiplayer, new characters, etc. Two or three of the DLC is even free, and you can get all three DLCs that cost $5 each on a standalone disc that lacks Red Dead's normal story mode, but gives you all the DLC and the entirety of multiplayer for $15. Does Treyarch sell a standalone CoD disc that gives you multiplayer for so much as $30? **** no. Rockstar does DLC the way it should be done; epic content too big to be on the disc that's fun and adds something real to the game, not just a handful of new characters in a fighter or cheat codes... Although, they could of made the price for Undead Nightmare $15 considering how much work went into all of it.

If anyone else thinks a certain DLC is worth more than the current price, do tell... But you'll be hard-pressed to not be bullshitting.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo View Post
    cant let u do that STAR FOX
    Fixed.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    It all goes back to George Bush... Lmfao.

The pricing of games is definitely tricky business... Nobody wants to pay $60, and games could definitely still succeed in regards to profits if they killed the price back to $50, but they sure as shit won't. Price creeps are the name of the game in products with such a demand. But at the same time, as mentioned, some games do have ridiculously high budgets, so that $60 is justified.

But DLC on the other hand, I have a problem with, particularly disc-unlocked shit or things that could of been put on the disc. Assassin's Creed multiplayer DLC is the key example; I don't remember nor give a damn how much it costs, but you have to pay to download special characters. And AC multiplayer ain't no fighter like Marvel V. Capcom, new characters are nothing more than new skins (some extra voice clips in Revelations); that's it. All these extra characters do the same moves as a certain already in-game character, they just have a different appearance. I'm not ****in' paying for that.

'Course, some DLC is done right; Rockstar knows how. Red Dead Redemption for example, has the best ****ing DLC ever, no question. For $5, you get Left 4 Dead gameplay for multiplayer and roughly three hours of main story missions for one of the DLCs (Undead Nightmare), and another 5~ hours on top of that if you want to do everything the game gives you (which isn't just a bunch of collectables; ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!). For $10 more, you get other DLC stuff that adds gameplay modes to multiplayer, new characters, etc. Two or three of the DLC is even free, and you can get all three DLCs that cost $5 each on a standalone disc that lacks Red Dead's normal story mode, but gives you all the DLC and the entirety of multiplayer for $15. Does Treyarch sell a standalone CoD disc that gives you multiplayer for so much as $30? **** no. Rockstar does DLC the way it should be done; epic content too big to be on the disc that's fun and adds something real to the game, not just a handful of new characters in a fighter or cheat codes... Although, they could of made the price for Undead Nightmare $15 considering how much work went into all of it.

If anyone else thinks a certain DLC is worth more than the current price, do tell... But you'll be hard-pressed to not be bullshitting.

I'm a little late, but if i didn't know any better, id say you have some strong feelings there

Ads