LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I don't understand how the Wii controllers = fun?

umm because it adds some realism
    same goes with graphics

now it's cool to have some cartoony games here and there but still sharper images are just better

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZinGy
    Are you blind? The PS3 is probably the cheapest of all the systems out right now. Your paying $600 for something that is worth at least $1000.
    The last time i checked Blueray hadn't won the format war, and it's not like a want a bd player anyway so it's value is negligible. So what's left? A console that is inferior too the 360, but costs 200$ more. Yeah thats cheap
    Last edited by wayne; 12-07-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You can't say the Ps3 is worth $1000 because it plays Blu-Ray. A video game console's internal blu-ray player = completely different concept than a home entertainment system blu-ray player or a pc blu-ray player.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Wii # 0191-3081-9171-5295 dendj5's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0191-3081-9171-5295
    I agree 100% that graphics do not mean fun in the world of video games. I have been gaming since I was 8 years old (I am now almost 28) and to me great graphics do not always mean a fun game.

I bought a Wii a week after launch, thinking it would help deal with the cravings for wanting to get a PS3 and having to wait until Jan-March or whenever. About five minutes into playing Wii Sports, Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck or Zelda I realized that I was not going to be giving up this Wii Experience any time soon.

While I will undoubtedly still purchase a PS3 the next opportunity I have (as long as I only pay retail price) because I enjoy so many games from Sony and prefer a classic controller for games like Madden (my favorite game). I will continue to play and build the library of my Wii also, which we all understand is graphically inferior to the PS3, because the gameplay and the titles are amazing.

Good graphics and great gameplay are the staples of some of my favorite games of all time: Zelda OoT, God of War, Golden Eye, Street Fighter 2
    Each had good/great graphics, but the gameplay was what set them apart from the rest.

Sorry for being so long winded, just thought an opinion from someone who will own and play both Wii and PS3 feels about the graphics=fun argument.

Member #
    in your head reputation: 101-24 till next block
    Friends
    7927-4585-8292-8959
    wii is 2 good for 700 dollar graphics cards, people complain because they dont under stand the new approach to gaming

Google is your friend

Ceraintly Own:
    Wii,RedSteel,Legend of Zelda,The godfather ,R4DS & DS,prince of persia

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I don't really agree with the whole getting a ps3 for graphics and wii for gameplay.

When the ps3 is not top dawg when it comes to gaming graphics.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    I think the thing ticking most people off isn't that we expected the wii to have the best graphics around, but that 5 or so years after the gamecube, you would think the games would look a lot better

just my opinion, im still getting a wii lol!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake
    have u played splinter cell1 for xbox1? the gameplay is pretty good and the graphics are really nice, when the graphics are that nice u cant help but say wow, and it looks more realistic and draws you into the game i suppose, people can say the ps2 graphics aint as good as the gamecubes or xbox, but when u play sumthing like metal gear solid 2 you can tell there really using its potential, and its nice to have graphics and good gameplay, no one said u cant have both,
    Who says that?

Member #
    Friends
    Well i understand i want my fun to not be short lived as i dont have money to burn 60+ dollars on a game just to have fun for a week after you stop drooling over the graphics just to figure out your playing a generic game with a facelift.... I will say this i have Gears of War its awesome game but i dont feel the graphics is what makes the whole game cuz now im done with drooling over the graphics that held my attention the first few days. But what kept me playing was the awesome cover system and the online play (although flawed). Not how much blood came out a guy when i chainsaw him or how many notches i can see on his armor or how much sweat is coming down his head...

rep me if u like vitamins teh frog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0803-2242-9556-7115
    my oppion is..who gives a fak about graphix (besides snes and down) its not the graphix, its the game play. i dont care if the graphix are bad, if its fun, i like it
    i hav teh wee! liek zomgz?!232@#112!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Looks more like you go your weenie stuck in the vaccuum (suckmaster 2000) on turbo mode, but lol i like the pic. Creative.
    how did you know?

Ads