LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Splash_King

Thread: What are you playing now on your Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

What are you playing now on your Wii?

I'm relatively late to the Wii console scene, so there are a lot of highly rated games that I have not played. I am currently working my way through Epic Mickey, which I bought off EBay for $6.51 shipped. The camera is problematic, as you would know from the reviews, but I still find the game remarkable for its imagination, graphics and paint/thinner mechanics. I am also going through Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 with my daughter, also bought used at a ridiculously low price. It's an easy game with great coop play and humor. There is also a ton of stuff on the Virtual Console. There has never a better time to be a Wii owner. The games are plentiful and as fun as they were when they costed $50, but are now so much more affordable.

What are you playing now?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6067-8078-3900-2305
    Better late than never! I've had my Wii ever since it came out and I still luv it.
    Yeah I bought my Zelda TP for about 50 bucks and it's a lot cheaper now of course ! X0 I'm playin some hero mode on Zelda SS : D

May the

..▲..
    ▲ ▲
    be with you. ~

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I've had my Wii since it's release back in '06, but even then I've still plenty'a games that need playin'. Xenoblade, No More Heroes, etc. Gotta get on those once I have some cash.

Ain't got any new games I'm currently playin', but at the moment I'm quite captivated by Project: M.

Quote Originally Posted by cwong15 View Post
    The games are plentiful and as fun as they were when they costed $50, but are now so much more affordable.
    T'is the beauty of budget gaming: all the great games for cheap, so long as ya have patience.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Project M. One and all, nothing else.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Goldeneye 007. I finished the campaign so i just play multiplayer.
    What are you playing now on your Wii?-tumblr_mkztmgwaxh1r13b4co1_500.gif

Member #
    Friends
    Epic Mickey just crashed my Wii at the beginning of the Tortooga stage, so I'm taking a little break. Sometimes, it's not all roses. Ah well, nothing's perfect.

I think it's remarkable that a couple of you report having your Wii since it first came out in 2006. That a 7 year old piece of electronics with moving parts (the disk drive) could still be working fine after all this time says something about Nintendo's quality. I've had 2 DVD players die in that amount of time.

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Epic Mickey just crashed my Wii at the beginning of the Tortooga stage, so I'm taking a little break. Sometimes, it's not all roses. Ah well, nothing's perfect.

I think it's remarkable that a couple of you report having your Wii since it first came out in 2006. That a 7 year old piece of electronics with moving parts (the disk drive) could still be working fine after all this time says something about Nintendo's quality. I've had 2 DVD players die in that amount of time.
    Nintendo FTW!

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Actually, my Wii does have a problem. Can't play dual-layered discs like Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Metroid: Other M. But that's just 'cause I logged literally hundreds of hours int' Brawl, wore out the disc drive. But the Wii certainly does have a heartier lifespan than the 360 or PS3, that's quite true.

Doesn't compare to the sturdiness of the PS2 or 'Cube, but that's an unfair comparison since less complex machines will naturally have a longer lifespan.
    cwong15 likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    Actually, my Wii does have a problem. Can't play dual-layered discs like Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Metroid: Other M. But that's just 'cause I logged literally hundreds of hours int' Brawl, wore out the disc drive. But the Wii certainly does have a heartier lifespan than the 360 or PS3, that's quite true.
    Actually, I did too. I don't think my Wii is as old as yours, but I'd say I spent a great deal of my time in Basic Brawls, especially when the Paladins were around. And before they were around, I would always play offline with CPUs or cousins.

In fact, most of the time I even turn on my Wii I'm playing Brawl. One occasional exception was NSMBW when others requested it.

Can't played?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Currently, i am playing the Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Mad-World and Metroid Other M

Ads