+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RPGS=Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

RPGS=Wii?

I have to say I am a big fan of RPGS and the one thing that i afraid is the Wii will fail in that market. As we know the number of Gamecube RPGS are very rare, execpt for like paper Mario. But still the Wii can't really hold it's own in this genre. I mean face it no one can beat the PS3 in Graphics. Sorry Xbox fans but it does.

The Wii also has teh controller scheme so it willl be even harder to make them. But I still hope the best for the Wii I know theye will come out with some RPG that will blow everyone else out But you know Nintnedo has never really been big on RPG
    -No Videos in SigAs it now we will know each other till nothing remains

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    I think Dragon Quest 8 is going to be the first RPG for Wii cuz IGN has it on their list for Wii launch titles and i heard it was playable at E3. Thepeople who played it at E3 said it brought a whole new way to play RPGS and they like it. So there could be hope.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    Some consider Zelda and Final Fantasy to be RPGs. If that were the case then Wii has two of the best RPGs ever.

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    What the hell are you talking about!
    Nintendo basicaly made RPGs

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haku
    I have to say I am a big fan of RPGS and the one thing that i afraid is the Wii will fail in that market. As we know the number of Gamecube RPGS are very rare, execpt for like paper Mario. But still the Wii can't really hold it's own in this genre. I mean face it no one can beat the PS3 in Graphics. Sorry Xbox fans but it does.
    um...the console hasn't even been released yet, so how can you make that statement w/an ounce of plausibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haku
    The Wii also has the controller scheme so it willl be even harder to make them.
    according to...?

seriously. I know you're all excited, but everyone needs to take a deep breath, step back & just wait it out. all this speculation gets annoying.

Member #
    Friends
    on the speculation note: who cares what the release date might be?? I want it as soon as possible, but specualting over whether or not a photoshopped date of 10-21 is correct or other such things is a waste of time. We will know the real date before that point in time anyway, so why even care? Just wait and you will have your answers. remember, "Playing = Believing"

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    RPGs are going to be a lot on the Wii, ive seen in so sites that notice, so dont worry about

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    If there was ever a system that was made for RPG's Wii would be it! I mean, just think about all the things you could do with the controller that would make things more interesting! The Wiimote will breath new life into the RPG genre which is going stale, mark my words! Oh, and to support this, Camelot is making a Golden Sun for Wii!

Member #
    Friends
    And for most RPGs you only really need two buttons: select and back- seems the wii is perfect for this, and using motion sensing would make it a lot easier to choose from extensive RPG menus, cause you wouldn't have to scroll; you'd just point.
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    The wii can definately do rpgs, first the menus are really the only thing you do in an rpg currently, the pointer can do this and oh wait the controller actually still has a d-pad and analog stick, or did you forget. also with the motion controller it opens up new avenues for gameplay like in the new castlevania on the ds that has the seals, imagine writing a gylph for a spell instead of just selecting it from the menu and chosing where your strike hits the monsters by pointing and clicking or actually slashing, the wii can definately do rpgs and improve the genre even since rpg does stand for role playing game and its easier to get into the role when you can use actual motions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads