LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    resident evil for wii is supposed to be an all new title wii exclusive, I'm guessing like the resident evil survivor series
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

2. Ads

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    I hope its more like resi evil 4 but with zombies.

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends
    I'm hoping like dead aim for the ps2 but not as short, needs more content, I love light gun games currently and that is why I'm loving the Wii all FPS will be just like light-gun games currently in terms of play but will actually get good storylines and a good amount of content, unlike my current collections of light-gun games that really don't make sense and can be beaten in about 30 mins if you know how.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Member #
    Friends
    if they release it they will probably release a limited edition of the gun cradle

of course that means they would need to produce the gun cradle

Member #
    Friends
    That is a problem with a lot of light gun games that all you have to do is shoot at the screen and your character follows pre-determined paths... so I hope they do it like a regular resident evil and have puzzle solving and free roaming, just with motion sensitive shooting (and of course, more gun action)
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    Oh good, we'll get to see another RE game ripped off, just like RE1. Excellent. Why does capcom bother with nintendo when it obviously sucks?

Member #
    Friends

Anyway.... I hope since it's not the direct sequel that they do make some kind of effort with the plot, because it would be quite easy just to focus on the new gameplay (being the only light-gun version)
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    I hope it'll have Umbrella instead of the Ganados They were just to hard to keep up with...now Umbrella...I know.
    Nothing more to say.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I hope they put as much effort into Resi Wii as they do into Resi 5. If it's a remake or another Gun Survivor game, I'm not interested.
    Couldn't agree more. I've just about had enough of resident evil 1 remakes. the GameCube game was awesome, but when it was also re-released on the DS I was a little taken aback... its cool, but couldnt they give us something a little more original? A few modifications didnt really justify buying the game, but I love resident evil so I bought it anyway. It did have some cool features like the new knife fighting system with the touch screen which was cool, but the game was still resident evil 1.

If the do want to make a remake of an old RE please dont make it 1! We all KNOW the team take will refuge in the mansion, we all KNOW Kenneth is getting munched on when we enter that room, we all KNOW Weskers going to bugger off and betray us, we all KNOW Richard will invariably die, we all KNOW Forrest will attack us after stealing his grenade launcher. GIVE US SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Hell, even a totally vamped up Resident Evil 2 or something would be kinda cool, with the puzzles/enemy locations changed n stuff... or even if they had more character interaction between players, for instance the game could record a demo file or something if you are Leon of you running around a certain area blowing away zombies, then as Claire, you might see him from afar, but that will be your actual movements being played back to you from all the way over there, for example: *SPOILER WARNING* when the player as Leon is fighting the mutated Birkin, the fight will be automatically recorded in the same way a ghost or demo is recorded, then as Claire, your path might take you through some rafters/catwalks overhead, where you look down and see your 'old' self as Leon fighting the mutating Birkin.

Maybe even include something where as Leon you're about to get your ass kicked, but then a cinematic occurs where Claire (who has somehow obtained a high-power sniper rifle) shoots away his assailant. as Leon you'd just have to hold the guy off long enough before the cinematic occurs, but as Claire you'd have to rush as fast as you could to save Leon; similar to Resident Evil 4 (primarily the PS2 one with the Separate Ways campaign) how Ada must save Leon from Krauser's assasination plot. as Leon you just have to hold off Krauser long enough until (unbeknowing) Ada comes to your rescue, but as Ada you've gotta fight your way through hordes of Ganados until you reach a vantage point to shoot away Krauser's knife just before he plunges it into Leon's heart.

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a remake of RE2, it did introduce some interesting concepts, such as certain player actions as Leon affects Claire's game - whether you took certain weapons from weapons caches, whether you unlocked certain doors or flipped certain switches. They could include those features if they did a remake and further enhance them- Include more desicion making in the game which would affect Claire's outcome/path she takes.

The concept of meeting other selfs has been done in some other games, like TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (which i am yet to play, courtesy of the lousy lack of GameCube games my local EB has) where you can apparently team up with your past and future selves as you travel through time. This appears, to a lesser extent in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, as you travel through time and across the island fortress you see your past/future selves in cinematics running around and doing stuff; Warrior Within also included some retracing, whereby you could rewind time a little bit to undo your actions, though at times it could be very glitchy and cause some problems if you made alot of rewinds consecutively. It's a cool idea though and shows that technology for creating motion traces is alive and well, and could be used very well if they were to make a Resident Evil for the Wii.

Damn after writing all this I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with Resident Evil 2. Providing it is different enough (not a shoddy port straight from the PSX original) and by different I mean so us players of the original cannot predict what will happen every turn we make. Remade graphics go without saying too (contraditcing myself by saying it... how confusing) as a Re-Rendered Raccoon City. If they could make it as nice as Resident Evil 4 visually (if not better given the Wii's advanced hardware) I'd be one happy camper

WiiChat Member TrueSmashBrother's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    WELL i hope its like Resident Evil 4 but with straffing and run-gunning. I appreciated the stop and aim game mechanics, but sometimes its nice to mow down Ganados on the run. Havin to stop to change guns and stuff gets tedious. perhaps an Over the Shoulder third person shooter, with a cross hair in the middle of the screen. Maybe thats too traditional, never the less affective though?

Ads