I just bought COD3 from CEX earlier today and I have to say that I am disappinted. Poor graphics, frequent lag (despite the graphics compared to the power of the console) and bugs.
I admit that the controls, after getting used to them are quite good but to bad points outweigh this factor and the controls for driving are not up to scratch either and can be frustrating more often than not.
In conclusion, I feel that it is a game above average but It doesn't really feel like a COD game (compared to the amazing PC COD games). It feels small, isolated and, well... average. Which brings me to my last point -> The game is very short and on rails unlike say, COD2 which had long expansive levels and many of them (It seems to take on average about 5 mins to complete most levels, not counting the time when it crashes or lags)
I'd give it a fair 7/10 which is far below the threshold for the Call Of Duty series sadly.
- Intuitive Controls which immerse you farther into the game than any other format could wish to in the game.
- After many years we have the ability t return grenades thrown by the enemy.
- Original ideas and lots of action without the dreaded D-Day
- Ragdoll Physics for the first time in the COD series
- Graphically inferior to other games currently on the market
- Sacrifice of the Russian campaign in order to include others (removing those who lost the most men and made the most difference in the war when, personally I wouldn't miss the american campaign)
- No Multiplayer!
- Occasionally over the top with the Wii exclusive controls.
- Filled with bugs and slow-downs causing frequent deaths.
- Frustrating driving controls.
- Feels like a lousy PS2 port
I would like to write for a videgames magazine later in my life and am studying to become one so any feedback would be nice