LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5915-3034-4885-8290

Best Online Rental Service?

I'm thinking about doing one of those online video game rental services, mainly because we don't have many rental stores in my town, and physical stores have those pesky due dates.

I think I've narrowed it down between Gamefly and GameznFlix. Gameznflix is cheaper than Gamefly ($8.99 vs. $14.95 for 1 game at a time, which is what I plan on using), but has anyone used either of these, and how are they? Do they have good turnaround (time between me sending it off and them sending a new one back)?

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511

UK Game Rental Stores

ive seen loads of online rentals but they are all pay monthly. Ive never rented a game in my life becuase i normally obtain them illegally. anway im wondering do shops like blockbuster have games for rental where you can just walk in and pay as you go?

Member #
    Friends
    5915-3034-4885-8290
    Quote Originally Posted by epikon
    ive seen loads of online rentals but they are all pay monthly. Ive never rented a game in my life becuase i normally obtain them illegally. anway im wondering do shops like blockbuster have games for rental where you can just walk in and pay as you go?
    Yes, they do. They charge like $4 or $5 for a one-week rental (I think). But:

1) at least at my Blockbuster, the selection is terrible (not near as good as the online ones), and
    2) I don't like the due dates on games. With online rentals, if I don't like a game, I send it back the next day and get a new one. If I DO like a game, I can keep it as long as I want. In-store, I have it for one week period.

For movies, due dates work great - if you really like it, watch it twice (a total of 3 hours) and bring it back in a few days. For games, not so much. Plus, GameznFlix also has movies, so if I get tired of renting games, I can order movies online as well.

Member #
    Friends
    I suggest that you use gamefly. It may be more but it is worth it in the long run. They send them overnight and they are usually in better condition than the other games.

Ads