+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    nes: contra, metroid, baby boomer, predator and mike tysons punch out
    Snes: super metroid, earhbound, the illusion of time, the legend of zelda: a link to the past super mario world 1 and 2 kirbys dreamland, ghouls n ghosts, starwing, donkey kong country 1,2 and 3 and maybe the lawnmower man.
    N64: donkey kong 64, diddy kong racer, starshot, lylat wars, banjo kazoozie1 and 2.
    sega: super hang on, toejam and earl and mortal kombat
    Last edited by motherbrainrulez; 07-23-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends
    Is anybody else here looking forward to download the Streets of Rage and Golden Axe games?

Member #
    Friends
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    yes i am looking forward to golden axe and streets of rage but if i can get a copy of them for my genesis i wont download it ... i have half of the sonic games just need #2 and sonic and knuckles
    Wii setup: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii motes, 2 Nunchuck attachments, and Wii sports
    Wii owner since friday the 13th july 2007

Nintendo Fanboy: 39%

Sony Fanboy: 43%

Microsoft Fanboy: 36%

This means you're: Not a fanboy

Member #
    Friends
    Are we getting ahead of ourselves here, is it confirmed that Nintendo is able to put any game on the VC regardless of the game publisher/developer ?

For example, how could Nintendo release Goldeneye N64 to VC when Rare is now a Microsoft company ?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Are we getting ahead of ourselves here, is it confirmed that Nintendo is able to put any game on the VC regardless of the game publisher/developer ?

For example, how could Nintendo release Goldeneye N64 to VC when Rare is now a Microsoft company ?
    Well most if not all first party games will be availiable (Sega games on MD, Hudson games on TG and Nintendo games on NES, SNES and N64) and companies who have good relations with Nintendo such as Konami, Capcom, Square and Namco are also likely to support it. Rare unfortunatly is another matter, as thet are now owned by M$ it is unlikly that they'll support the VC. I mean why would a 2nd party of M$ support one of their rival consoles?

P.S: I also hope to try some Mega Man games.

Member #
    Friends
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    well donkey kong country just got re released on the gba and that was a rare game so we might have some hope yet.. and microsoft does like nintendo alot more then sony so we should wait and see
    Wii setup: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii motes, 2 Nunchuck attachments, and Wii sports
    Wii owner since friday the 13th july 2007

Nintendo Fanboy: 39%

Sony Fanboy: 43%

Microsoft Fanboy: 36%

This means you're: Not a fanboy

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo published the early Rare titles so I would guess they have the distributive rights?
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer

I wrote my list on the assumption that a number of publishers would allow them to be rereleased. Of course, there's every chance they won't, it's basically a wish list.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by martini178
    well donkey kong country just got re released on the gba and that was a rare game so we might have some hope yet.. and microsoft does like nintendo alot more then sony so we should wait and see
    We should see all of Rare's DK games on the Wii as the DK franchise is Nintendo's property not Rare's. You should look at this from a busiuness perspective, Microsoft want to make money (just like Nintendo and Sony), and to make money they need people to buy the XBOX 360. If they want people to do this then they don't want people to buy the Wii and PS3, if they want people to not buy the Wii do you think they'll let Rare support it? The answer is no.

One game people continue to mention is Goldeneye. The question is who owns this game? Rare of course made this game, but it is EA who now own the James Bond video game franchise.

Member #
    Friends
    Golden Axe and Ecco rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ads