Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4857-5695-0490-5844

TNA iMPACT! Confirmed!

Midway games has confirmed that TNA iMPACT will be coming to the Wii (as well as PS3 and Xbox 360) as reported by IGN.

A video can be found here.
    http://media.wii.ign.com/media/814/814946/vids_1.html

What is TNA iMPACT? Well according to the video it appears to be a boxing game. :P

Check it out wrestling fans!
    Last edited by xbandaidx; 12-14-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    Start making use of the Reputation system!!!

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sive-info.html
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 536957-637076

2. Ads

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    TNA Impact is not a boxing game, TNA stands for Total Nonstop Action and it's wrestling. Unlike WWE, TNA focuses more on in-ring ability rather than a soap opera. And also unlike WWE, TNA has a 6-sided ring, along with having Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle. The only people that have been confirmed so far have been A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe. If you're going to post some news, at least watch the video and not assume it's a boxing game.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    TNA Impact is not a boxing game, TNA stands for Total Nonstop Action and it's wrestling. Unlike WWE, TNA focuses more on in-ring ability rather than a soap opera. And also unlike WWE, TNA has a 6-sided ring, along with having Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle. The only people that have been confirmed so far have been A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe. If you're going to post some news, at least watch the video and not assume it's a boxing game.
    I did watch the video, when you see a ring its either wrestling or boxing, excuse me for not being able to tell because theres no actual wrestling or fighting in that clip.

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    http://wii.ign.com/objects/814/814946.html

Notice it says TNA Wrestling. :-)

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    2962-0112-2367-0514
    Hell yes i cant wait for it. Hopefully Midway doesnt mess it up and make it seem to arcadey. Like Royal Rumble for the dreamcast. But i love TNA
    i need a sig.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    http://wii.ign.com/objects/814/814946.html

Notice it says TNA Wrestling. :-)
    Yeah I clicked the a link on the main wii page

TNA iMPACT: Teaser Trailer
    Midway confirms it's coming to Wii. See it for yourself.
    You'll see it in Latest Media section on wii.ign.com and clicking the link takes you right to the video. now lay off, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by hexen0079
    Hell yes i cant wait for it. Hopefully Midway doesnt mess it up and make it seem to arcadey. Like Royal Rumble for the dreamcast. But i love TNA
    It'll definitely be interesting to see how wrestling controls are done with the wiimote and nunchuk
    Last edited by xbandaidx; 12-14-2006 at 11:13 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Yes, TNA is so much more better than WWE in my opinion. I mean, sure they're on a lower budget than WWE but the wrestlers they have are phenomonal. Chris "The Fallen Angel" Daniels, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Shark Boy, Christian Cage, Rhino and even the behemoth of them all, Sting. I hope this isn't a wrestling game similar to Mortal Kombat. I'm glad that WWE games are now getting competition. I so hope they have that one X-Division where there's a huge as rope and the X-Division Championship hangs from there, as well as seeing Abyss give wrestlers a Blackhole on thumbtacs.

Edit:

Bandaid, maybe if you need reading glasses, you might be able to pinpoint this out, this is right above the section of media, so you should see it.

TNA iMPACT!
    Also known as: TNA Wrestling, NWA-TNA Wrestling, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    Also if you scroll down a bit you see:

Spike TV's innovative six-sided wrestling ring is now yours to step into with this game based on the TNA Wrestling league.
    and if you scroll down a bit more the News section reads:

Midway Snags TNA Wrestling License - March 2, 2006
    A next generation game in the works.

But the features section also reads:

Sports: Samoa Joe Interview - September 21, 2006
    Talking chokes, videogames, and Fans Revenge with the hardest hitter in wrestling.

Sports: AJ Styles Interview - September 5, 2006
    Talking TNA, videogames, and the six-sided ring with the best athlete in professional wrestling.

Sports: TNA Fanfest - August 28, 2006
    Find out how to meet your favorite TNA wrestlers.
    But obviously I guess you did miss ALL the obvious now.
    Last edited by Kamikaze; 12-14-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Yes, TNA is so much more better than WWE in my opinion. I mean, sure they're on a lower budget than WWE but the wrestlers they have are phenomonal. Chris "The Fallen Angel" Daniels, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Shark Boy, Christian Cage, Rhino and even the behemoth of them all, Sting. I hope this isn't a wrestling game similar to Mortal Kombat. I'm glad that WWE games are now getting competition. I so hope they have that one X-Division where there's a huge as rope and the X-Division Championship hangs from there, as well as seeing Abyss give wrestlers a Blackhole on thumbtacs.
    Come to think of it, I have played one wrestling game way back on N64 I believe it was, it was bit fun. It should be a good game for me to try, I'm hoping the graphics will turn out nice and that Midway doesn't give them the shove or something.

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    It could of been quite a few games, but one that stood out was WWF No Mercy. After that, the WWE games started to suck. WCW VS. NWO World Tour happened to be the best WCW game though.

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wrestling sucks. It was good when it was the WWF and people like Steve Austin, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Hardy Boyz, Brothers of Destruction and nWo were there. But every since gay people like John Cena and the new crappt ass Kane came its all gone down hill. WWF FOR LIFE!

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads