LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Super Swing Golf vs. WiiSports Golf

Is it worth buy SuperSwing Golf, or is WiiSports good enough, is it any better, deeper, funner, better controls,

compare. and discuss..
    MyGames: Wii Sports, Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Call Of Duty, Excite Truck, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Rayman Raving Rabbids, GT Pro Series, WarioWare Smooth Moves, SSX Blur, Cooking Mama, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, Sonic And The Secret Rings, Wii Play

Check Out My Podcast on iTunes & Podcast Alley. It's called Nintendo Radio, or Nintendo Radio (Studio 23), Thanks for the downloads and feedback guys!

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS! the_peripheral's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    I don't have Super Swing, but I would assume that it's deeper....if it's not, that's a big problem. I haven't played Wii Sports golf much, but I don't even remember being able to play an 18 hole course on that game, is that right?

Super Swing has 10+ courses.
    PM me if you want a link to a place that's good.

Member #
    Friends
    what about the controls,

if i end up buying this game, will the controls be any different/better, cuz that's what i'm looking for the most.
    MyGames: Wii Sports, Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Call Of Duty, Excite Truck, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Rayman Raving Rabbids, GT Pro Series, WarioWare Smooth Moves, SSX Blur, Cooking Mama, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, Sonic And The Secret Rings, Wii Play

Check Out My Podcast on iTunes & Podcast Alley. It's called Nintendo Radio, or Nintendo Radio (Studio 23), Thanks for the downloads and feedback guys!

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    I would just wait for the game to go down in price. 50 bucks for a ok Sports game is not worth it. I would just play Wii Golf for now until Mario Golf comes out next year.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    Quote Originally Posted by esabourin
    what about the controls,

if i end up buying this game, will the controls be any different/better, cuz that's what i'm looking for the most.
    They are definitely different. From what I've read, I believe that in Super Swing, you take your back swing and hold it...on the screen, it will register at a certain power level, and when you pull your swing back far enough, it will be within the power level that you want it at, and then you hold or press A and then take your swing. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

And I also read that when you swing, the way the remote is facing when you swing effects the ball flight. Which really isn't a factor in Wii Sports.

Member #
    Friends
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    I would just wait for the game to go down in price. 50 bucks for a ok Sports game is not worth it. I would just play Wii Golf for now until Mario Golf comes out next year.
    Mario Golf!!! I want!

Member #
    Friends
    If you really want a real golf game maybe hold off and let EA get Tiger Woods ready for the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    7076-3815-8734-5054
    I Read On Gamespot.com That Tiger Woods 2007 Comes Out For The Wii By March 07

Member #
    Friends
    3228-1603-8139-8807
    Comparing Wii Sports Golf to Super Swing is similar to comparing a paper airplane to the Space Shuttle. SSG is so much deeper of a game, with a lot of control over swing, head placement, spin, items, equipment... I've been playing for hours and have only scratched the surface.

Plus, it's just plain a lot of fun.
    Ummagumma
    Wii Buddy Code: 3228-1603-8139-8807

Member #
    Friends
    1029-0506-8956-8392
    Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral
    They are definitely different. From what I've read, I believe that in Super Swing, you take your back swing and hold it...on the screen, it will register at a certain power level, and when you pull your swing back far enough, it will be within the power level that you want it at, and then you hold or press A and then take your swing. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

And I also read that when you swing, the way the remote is facing when you swing effects the ball flight. Which really isn't a factor in Wii Sports.
    This is my main criticism of the game.

The biggest con about SSG is that you don't take a fluid swing like you do in Wii Golf. You have to take it back and hold it there until you get the power meter you want. The take back doesn't seem to respond as nicely as Wii Golf. So its not a fluid swing that you take, which is a big problem in my opinion.

On the flipside. the angle which you come through the ball affect if you slice or hook it, which is cool. And of course, its much deeper game in terms of what you can do.

But I really loved the idea in Wii golf that the power of your swing is strictly determined by the power that you actually swing the remote. Its much more life like.

As another example; to putt, all you have to do is angle your wrists, not like taking an actual putting stroke. Mind you, this is coming from a guy you like to golf in real life.

Ads