LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6034-0977-1447-4634
    thx guys... did some web research and i'm looking into buying a capture device that plugs into my firewire port... I don't want a PCI card because I want to be able to use it anywhere.... they look like they're around 200 bux for something that will convert the Wii's analog output into digital video input, on a computer in real time (basically the same as a card that lets you watch TV on your computer). But a box, rather than a card.

fyi: I'm really getting into the Mii art, and I've gone live with http://www.showmii.com. If any of you would like to contribute it would be awesome. So far there's just my gallery up, my 8 favorite Mii's. I'll start off just posting Miis of anyone who sends screenshots, and eventually build an index of celebs, with all the versions of the character that have been submitted, a voting system to decide which one is the best version, a 'best alltime' section, how-to pages with videos...

Can't wait til everyone opens their Wiis on Xmas morning, this thing is going to blow up huge!

Also, would anyone like to submit Miis to use on the logo at the top? The photography on mine are too low-quality to use for a logo.

-Chris

2. Ads

I Got Mad Hax! Method of Rhythm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjv
    thx guys... did some web research and i'm looking into buying a capture device that plugs into my firewire port... I don't want a PCI card because I want to be able to use it anywhere.... they look like they're around 200 bux for something that will convert the Wii's analog output into digital video input, on a computer in real time (basically the same as a card that lets you watch TV on your computer). But a box, rather than a card.
    Exactly right. Just allows you to firewire these boxes to your computer that essentially are video cards (you can also get them for audio).
    -Method

Life begins with L.I.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    ok converting and uploading my captured video

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Method of Rhythm
    I have the Canopus ADV500 for my video editing studio. This thing is top of the line and works like a charm. Never used it for video game capture though, only for my Sony XD cameras, decks etc...

Sounds like I'm going to be doing some experimenting over the weekend!
    Curious if you ended up trying captue with the adv500? I just attempted it with my advc100 without success. It seems the PAL capture doesn't like the 60hz display and all I get is annoying flicker, only gamecube games selected at 50hz would display and capture alright it seems.

Ads