Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule
    in my opinion wii does not get hot enough to over heat its not a very fast proccessor thus heat is minimal and can be kept low easily any over heating problems are because of a manufacturing defect i have left my wii on for almost a week strait with no side effects there is no need for a cooling device the ones for 360 have actualy been known for causing heating issues.
    I'm not saying the Wii gets so hot that it needs a fan, but if you are going to get a stand.. why not get a fan and some blue light in the deal. Anyhow the cooler you can keep any electronic device the longer it will work without problems. Just a device heating up then cooling off can cause warping and cracking, so why not keep your Wii as cool as possible, and look cool in the process.

New Info: Worth mentioning the blue light around the base of the stand does stay on in standby mode. I wasn't sure about this because when I first plugged it in I was over a friends house and it didn't light up in off position. (But off is different from standby) aparently in standby it can still draw power from the USB connector on the back. So if you want a blue light on all the time this is a bonus, if not there is a switch to turn off the light on the back of the base.

Also edited original post to show this
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    yep this is true. i got one myself and im digging it. the blue light makes my wii look sexy. i swear to god you can put a light in anything and it will sell. but i like the fan too. and the fact it holds remotes and chuks.
    Last edited by dedpoet777; 12-31-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Truth Wiivealed Wiiconnaissance's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6273-7375-6225-9412

My review: Chill Station by Psyclone Essentials...

I too have this and just posted my own review on another message board I've been on for years, the original post can be found at http://p205.ezboard.com/fthirteenthg...icID=188.topic.

I'm not sure that link will work, so here it is in quote (this is in not to steal Xanthan's thunder, just my review of the same product):

Wow, more Wii talk? There must be a "revolution" going around here. I was in Circuit City earlier tonight while my wife was in a girly store next door and I came across this Wii Chill Station. With a $20 price tag I decided to give it a shot. The link really doesn't provide enough of a description on its unique design, so I'll try to improve on that:

The stand is broken into three separate pieces, two being identical, only mirrored, these are the outer legs where you can hold a Wii remote + Nunchuck per side. They snap onto the middle section where there is a USB cable that provides power to a blue light bar; this illuminates the stand in the same blue you see on the Wii loading slot and it has an on/off switch to control it at will. Don't worry about blocking a USB port though, Psyclone Essentials placed a USB extender on the port, keeping the port open in the event you need the one it utilizes. The cooling chasm is designed well, and has a small fan (I'm guessing 90mm) that blows the heated air from the Wii through this chasm.

With the entire product installed and turned on, it looks neat, but not as neat as I would have guessed from looking at the picture on the box. The picture on the box shows the entire product illuminated in blue, but it isn't quite that cool. The strip of light is only visible around the middle section of the product and the plastic is clear, not blue, leaving you able to see the light through the outer sections. The middle section looks great when setup by itself, but the stability of it is hampered considerably and I would not recommend using it without the other two sections that support it. When your lights are on all you see is the strip of blue light, but with the lights turned off, you can see most of the middle section illuminated with only partial illumination of the outer sections. Whether or not it looks like the picture on the box is obsolete once you take it out of the box and see what it really is, but it does look great nonetheless.

The Wii doesn't get hot at all without the stand, much less with it, so the product will definitely do the job of keeping the console cool. It claims on the box it extends the life of the console, but neither the manual nor the website explain how this is done. Regardless of this, I like the look of the product, although I would prefer a more illuminated look and provided illumination to the outer sections and feel that it is indeed cooling the system. The on/off switch and the USB extender to keep the slot freed are wonderful additions and the holders for both of my controllers, including nunchucks, is a much needed function. This is the perfect alternative to the Wii's stand and provides me with some show-off material when company stops by for some Madden/Wii Sports competition, especially when the lights are dimmed and my Wii is on a pedestal of blue light. I'm happy with my decision to buy this product and recommend it to anyone with the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    sorry for the bump, but i just bought this at curcutcity, and the light was defective and did not operate. And yes i did see the switch on the back , and it is in the on position
    < add me and PM me with your info

Member #
    Friends
    8827-4732-7476-9087
    20 bucks?? wowo thats a good price man i think ill pick one up when i get the xtra money......

Member #
    Friends
    8249-1363-6620-2544
    So how does the fan help keep it cool?.. it is not internal.. so how would it help?
    I am sure it does.. just wondering
    and how many wii motes and chuks does it hold total

Member #
    Friends
    0205-1938-2101-1492
    yeah ive been looking at this stand, but i cant find any good pictures of it, and dont have a cc near me so if anyone has some pictures of their wii in the stand with it like holding the controlers i would realy appreciate that. but 20 bucks is a real deal i ll probably pick one up.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    That's freakin' awesome!

I definately gotta get me one of these... Blue... Light... So... Sexy... *dies*
    touch my fat nigger penis

Truth Wiivealed Wiiconnaissance's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6273-7375-6225-9412

Now I'm No Professional Photographer...

Here's a few pictures I took of mine, but the sunlight through the curtains made it difficult; I did what I could:

If anyone needs me to wait until darkness falls I'll see what I can do, but this should give a pretty good show of what it looks like. I also had my friend shoot me a message so the light bar would flash... I really like this stand.

It only holds Wiimotes x2 and Nunchucks x2. As you see, my Wavebird and Classic Controller are laid to the left most of the time and my games stacked to the rear. *EDIT* Finally got the picture of the base; notice how the USB port powers the LED and also has an extender on it so it keeps the USB port open for you.
    Last edited by Wiiconnaissance; 01-07-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    It looks cool in the dark, but what is the point of it? The Wii runs relatively cool. The USB power supply is s definite plus.

Remove Ads

Ads