Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

A Lazy Wii Question

I know to get a Disc out of a Wii you have to physically go up to it and take it out so an Eject button on the remote would be useless since you have to go to the console to get the disc but I would have liked an Eject button.

How about you?

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    nah :P

Zelda finished in 45 hours, used guide 3-4 times...
    Currently waiting for MP3, Super Smash Bros:Brawl

Member #
    Friends

Wii initial set-up problem

hi lazy wii,
    Please help, I just got a Wii system and wireless remote controls as a Christmas gift, I tried to get the system up and run; I got a problem with initial set up as we select the language ( after I push an "A" Button). On the screen it highline "ENGLISH" we try all the buttons on the remote control but it stay still. please help!
    Last edited by huytran; 12-26-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397

For both questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I know to get a Disc out of a Wii you have to physically go up to it and take it out so an Eject button on the remote would be useless since you have to go to the console to get the disc but I would have liked an Eject button.

How about you?
    Well, personally I don't care, most of the games I play are from Virtual Console, also, the way I am with optical disc media, the idea of remote eject on a slot load system makes me squirm, dust can get to the disc or worse, the disc could fall out of the slot and fall on a hard surface that can scrach the disc, I have scratcheddiscphobia (the fear of scratched discs), the slightest smudge on one of my discs makes me crasy, at times, i'm afraid to even use a slot load system

Quote Originally Posted by huytran
    hi lazy wii,
    Please help, I just got a Wii system and wireless remote controls as a Christmas gift, I tried to get the system up and run; I got a problem with initial set up as we select the language ( after I push an "A" Button). On the screen it highline "ENGLISH" we try all the buttons on the remote control but it stay still. please help!
    Are the Wiimotes synced? if it's a new controller that did not come with the system, it needs to be synced, the controller that came with it should work though, but I have heard from people that sometimes that might not be the case, just sync and try again
    Last edited by gamechaser001; 12-26-2006 at 06:22 PM. Reason: mistake in quoting

Member #
    Friends
    Yes sure I'd love me and 3 other people playing the wii with an eject button on our wiimotes, and then we could eject the games as a joke, by accident, or to piss each other off.

wait, no.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    Well, personally I don't care, most of the games I play are from Virtual Console, also, the way I am with optical disc media, the idea of remote eject on a slot load system makes me squirm, dust can get to the disc or worse, the disc could fall out of the slot and fall on a hard surface that can scrach the disc, I have scratcheddiscphobia (the fear of scratched discs), the slightest smudge on one of my discs makes me crasy, at times, i'm afraid to even use a slot load system

Are the Wiimotes synced? if it's a new controller that did not come with the system, it needs to be synced, the controller that came with it should work though, but I have heard from people that sometimes that might not be the case, just sync and try again

Dont worry for you are not alone i also too have scratcheddiscphobia. Hhaha i always yell at people when they touch my disc's.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival
    Yes sure I'd love me and 3 other people playing the wii with an eject button on our wiimotes, and then we could eject the games as a joke, by accident, or to piss each other off.

wait, no.
    Yeah people might get a little too pissed off i know i would especaily when im in a tough boss fight and after thirty tries i finnaly defeat him when the dics pops out then i would have to do it all again.

Member #
    Friends
    Why would you even want a remote eject ??

I mean ur gonna have to physically move yourself to the Wii to insert a new disc anyway !

And if you don't plan to change discs, what's the point of ejecting ??

Unless you want a little robotic arm attachment that comes out of the Wii, takes the ejected disc out and puts it in it's box, then grabs the new disc, inserts that, then makes you a coffee while it loads ??

I Got Mad Hax! Method of Rhythm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Goots
    Why would you even want a remote eject ??

I mean ur gonna have to physically move yourself to the Wii to insert a new disc anyway !

And if you don't plan to change discs, what's the point of ejecting ??

Unless you want a little robotic arm attachment that comes out of the Wii, takes the ejected disc out and puts it in it's box, then grabs the new disc, inserts that, then makes you a coffee while it loads ??
    Wild Catz is actually coming up with an automatic disc-loading system with an optional coffee/espresso attachment. It starts at like 175 and another 50 (225) for the coffee espresso machine. It will be available in the same colors the Wii will be released in later this year by Nintendo.
    -Method

Life begins with L.I.

Member #
    Friends
    Wild Catz are working on it but Nintendo are releasing it oh dear

Ads